Remainder of NBA season at Disney World?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
54 rebounds, maybe I was wrong about a sweep.

Looks like Denver may be the second best team out there this year.

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
I love how all of a sudden Doc is a bad coach.

Doc has always been an alright coach that gets more praise because he won a title. Should've had more with Boston, but isn't a great coach, hence the one title. Has blown not one, not two, but three 3-1 series leads and hasn't been to the conference finals in 8 years with some pretty good teams to boot.

• Agree
Reactions: clone4life82

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Man, injuries have really f'd with the Finals the last two years. Didn't think the Heat win win but thought they could maybe win a couple and make it at least interesting. Now it is just going to be ugly.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
The Heat were already somewhat screwed. The LA Refs were gonna see to that. But with Dragic out, Bam and Butler banged up, I really don't see how this doesn't end in a sweep. Lebron gets to coast to another title. Even though this is actually AD's team now

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
According to MGM, the outcome likelihood, from most likely to least likely:

Lakers in 5
Lakers in 6
Lakers in 4
Lakers in 7
Heat in 7
Heat in 6
Heat in 5
Heat in 4
Not too unsurprisingly, the most likely outcome of the series is now a Lakers sweep according to MGM betting odds.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
The Heat were already somewhat screwed. The LA Refs were gonna see to that. But with Dragic out, Bam and Butler banged up, I really don't see how this doesn't end in a sweep. Lebron gets to coast to another title. Even though this is actually AD's team now
Tell me how the refs influenced the game last night.

Reactions: CRcyclone6

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Not too unsurprisingly, the most likely outcome of the series is now a Lakers sweep according to MGM betting odds.
I think it will be a sweep. I think there will be one close game, probably game 2 or game 3, the rest will be like last night

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
I still have doubts that the role players for the Lakers can continue to shoot as well as they did last night. The first half of the first quarter seemed more like their norm.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Tell me how the refs influenced the game last night.
They didn't really have to. I mean lebron and the Lakers got the typical majority of 50/50 calls to go their way, but the Heat took themselves out of it with all the injuries and the Lakers role players going unconscious from 3 in the 2nd and 3rd qtr. Refs played minimal part last night.

I did think it was funny how lebron has no issues with admitting to fouls or agreeing with calls against him when his team is up 25 though. I saw him raise his hand for a foul and even applaud a call when a ball bounced out of bounds off his noggin. The refs become infallible once the other team is dead to rights i guess.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
The second foul on Adebayo was a really bad call. But refs didn't impact the game, injuries and Lakers role players shooting at a ridiculous clip put the game away. No way this series is close now with the three best players from the Heat hobbled.

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
I watched a lot of the playoffs, but it does seem like the Lakers are going to coast to a title at this point. Probably not going to be glued to every remaining game.