Gamewatch Help in Ames!

d4nim4l

Apr 23, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
I found out this morning that my friend's sister is going to bring her <1 year old son with her to wherever we are watching the game. We had originally planned on watching at Welch Ave Station, but since I don't think we can pass Zach off as a 21 year old we'll have to go elsewhere.

So this is where I need someone's help. What restaurant/bar and grill in Ames would be showing the game? I'm thinking maybe Old Chicago or Legend's but was hoping someone could suggest something before I call either place and get a host or hostess that has no idea.

Thanks!

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
They let underage kids into Welch during the day some times. I think it depends on a couple of variables though.

It was packed last week. There were a bunch of Hawk fans making all kinds of noise last week before the ISU game. They were booin cause their punt stumbled into the endzone for a touchback.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
I watched the Baylor game at West Cyde Wings and it worked pretty well. Except for the actual game.

cowboycurtis

Jul 20, 2006
My wife and i were just talking about this. There are so many more places to go now that are smoke free. I wont feel so guilty now about taking a 3 month old into a bar/restaurant.

I think its about time our 3 month old had a life changing experience at the local pub that has direct tv.

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
Our receiver reset well the first time. I think my couch-based game watch is going to work out today!

That's good, because restaurant food doesn't seem to agree with us in our house the last few weeks.:wideeyed:

I thought you guys were going to Es Tas today?

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
TMI...

Sorry to hear you apparently didn't like it much...

The food was great!!!! We loved the taste and the preparation.:yes::yes::yes:

Since getting back (only three weeks ago) about every other resturant has made us sick:sad:

I really think it's the grease. (We usually only eat out on the weekend anyway)

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
I've never watched a Cyclone game on TV in a bar before. Can anyone recommend a good place to go? I'm hoping to just walk over to Campustown; the roads here in Ames are getting pretty bad. I also don't have anybody to watch it with, so I'll be going and watching by myself, if that makes a difference. Should I just stay at home and listen on the radio?