Remainder of NBA season at Disney World?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Some players have good games in the playoffs but when it comes down to it, LeBron wins time and time again. He's a top two player of all time.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Lakers vs Heat is a pretty good story line. As we can see in this thread, everybody either hates or loves LeBron. It should draw viewers.

Lakers in 6

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Lakers vs Heat is a pretty good story line. As we can see in this thread, everybody either hates or loves LeBron. It should draw viewers.

Lakers in 6
I am in a lot of agreement there.

Sidenote: either the Heat of the Warriors have been in the finals every year the last decade.

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Boston would of gotten swept in the finals. Looked at their box scores and they have no bench. When you top 3 guys have to play 40-43 minutes every game your in trouble. Heat will at least make things interesting.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Boston would of gotten swept in the finals. Looked at their box scores and they have no bench. When you top 3 guys have to play 40-43 minutes every game your in trouble. Heat will at least make things interesting.
Yeah, I don't think I would've been interested in that matchup either besides Celtics/Lakers. We'll see, I don't see how the Heat compete.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Yeah, I don't think I would've been interested in that matchup either besides Celtics/Lakers. We'll see, I don't see how the Heat compete.

I've got the Lakers in 6. I think the Heat matchup pretty well, actually. Butler and Crowder can take turns guarding LeBron. Bam should be a good matchup on AD. AD/Lebron obviously are an advantage over Butler/Bam, but after that the Heat are a much better all around team.

Last edited:

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
I've got the Lakers in 6. I think the Heat matchup pretty well, actually. Butler and Crowder can take turns guarding LeBron. Bam should be a good matchup on AD. AD/Lebron obviously are and advantage over Butler/Bam, but after that the Heat are a much better all around team.
Playoff Rondo definitely needs to show up and the Lakers role players need to make open threes. That's the recipe for success.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Rondo had a clunker in the game they lost but I've been absolutely stunned by how good he's been.

• Agree
Reactions: Bigman38

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Denver was able to be somewhat competitive with LA because their "others" > than La's "others", Miami has the same advantage. If Bam/Butler can keep close with Bron/AD, I think it'll be a similar series. I like LA in 6 hard fought games. Fouls will be the key, they negated Joker in nearly every game and FT's basically won the series for LA.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
According to MGM, the outcome likelihood, from most likely to least likely:

Lakers in 5
Lakers in 6
Lakers in 4
Lakers in 7
Heat in 7
Heat in 6
Heat in 5
Heat in 4

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I've got the Lakers in 6. I think the Heat matchup pretty well, actually. Butler and Crowder can take turns guarding LeBron. Bam should be a good matchup on AD. AD/Lebron obviously are an advantage over Butler/Bam, but after that the Heat are a much better all around team.

And again, they have a nastiness factor to them that other teams just don't have. They're like old Bob Huggins Cincy teams.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Surprised LeBron didn't make a call from his hotel suite to the officials lounge prior to the game last night. "Let's make sure to get the C's some calls tonight. I need a game 7 so these teams are completely gassed by the time they play me."

• Dumb
Reactions: CychiatricWard

Nader_uggghhh

Jul 11, 2017
I'm pretty surprised at the opening lines. The Heat have been really, really good. They're super fun to watch between Bam and all of the off-ball movement in the offense. Iggy is good all of a sudden too. I think it goes 6 or 7 games.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa

Lakers in 6
Idk, not much seems to be drawing viewers this year. Hopefully they don't schedule any of the finals on Thursday, Saturday or Sunday or football will demolish it.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

Lakers in 6

For the record, it's not "hating" LeBron to acknowledge he and his teams get beneficial whistles that every superstar has almost always gotten.

A lot of simple reality being mislabeled as "hate".

I'm actually making some money in my career right now based on LeBron's success/celebrity, so obviously I don't have a major problem with the guy. Just don't ask me to bend the fabric of reality to not see what everyone can see.

I'd argue his comeback against GSW a few years ago is likely the greatest single performance in the history of American post season team sports. But I'm a "hater".

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
And again, they have a nastiness factor to them that other teams just don't have. They're like old Bob Huggins Cincy teams.

This was exactly my thought. For them to have a chance they need to go deep in the bench and make a game where a ton of fouls are called both ways regardless of who is actually playing more aggressively. It is annoying as **** and can get in the head of a lot of players. So many Huggy games end up with a less aggressive opponent fouling less yet getting called for similar or higher # of fouls.

Make it ugly is the name of the game if they want to have a chance. If they do that and get 1-2 of these superstar offensive games from Herro it could be interesting.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
With no travel and home courts involved I see this 4-1 for the Lakers.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron