Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Do any teams ranked 90+ in defense make it past the first weekend in March? Honest question as I don’t want to look it up.
Neither do I.
tenor.gif

STC061693

Apr 23, 2020
All Iowa ISU starting basketball roster
PG: I’ll give ISU Bolton just because Joe T still needs to work out the kinks. J-Bo is more of a SG then a PG. Conner is very good at making passes and not turning it over but he doesn’t have a great shot.
SG: Frederick/JBO. Lethal three point shooters and also are capable ball handlers and distributors.
SF: Weiskamp. Rough end of the year last year but we all know what he is capable of and we have seen great moments from him. He just needs to take that next step. I really think this year he could have a better season then Uthoff did in 2015-16.
PF: I struggle with this one. It probably goes to Solomon Young because Iowa doesn’t have a true PF. PMac could potentially fare well here but he still needs to prove it. If one of the Murray Twins plays, maybe they could end up here.
C. Garza. Not much of an explanation needed. Best returning College B-Ball player in the country.
Bench: Iowa. Iowa has depth and can run multiple different lineups with the bench they have.
Coach: Push. Prohm has more success but most of that came with Hoibergs guys. Lately Fran has been the better coach.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
PG: I’ll give ISU Bolton just because Joe T still needs to work out the kinks. J-Bo is more of a SG then a PG. Conner is very good at making passes and not turning it over but he doesn’t have a great shot.
SG: Frederick/JBO. Lethal three point shooters and also are capable ball handlers and distributors.
SF: Weiskamp. Rough end of the year last year but we all know what he is capable of and we have seen great moments from him. He just needs to take that next step. I really think this year he could have a better season then Uthoff did in 2015-16.
PF: I struggle with this one. It probably goes to Solomon Young because Iowa doesn’t have a true PF. PMac could potentially fare well here but he still needs to prove it. If one of the Murray Twins plays, maybe they could end up here.
C. Garza. Not much of an explanation needed. Best returning College B-Ball player in the country.
Bench: Iowa. Iowa has depth and can run multiple different lineups with the bench they have.
Coach: Push. Prohm has more success but most of that came with Hoibergs guys. Lately Fran has been the better coach.
Excellent troll.

STC061693

Apr 23, 2020
What’s funny about this @CyTwins and @Rural? I think this is very fair.

STC061693

Apr 23, 2020
You mention Patrick McCaffrey and the Murray twins. That was pretty good I'll give you that. Also predicting Wieskamp to have a better season than a consensus second team All American is quite the reach
I mean Uthoff did that after his 2nd year and this is Weezy’s 3rd year. I think he could potentially have a better season because he has better players around him.

• Haha
Reactions: Cytown12