Iowa Football Recruiting

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
With how much the B12 is down this year I'd be surprised if ISU isn't favored in all games outside of OU and Texas. Who else might be, OSU? After that Tulsa game I can't see it.
I personally am not worried about one game, if it's a pattern, then I would be.
Hell last year Texas gave LSU a harder game than Clemson, Georgia, and Florida. That's three end of year top 6 teams.
Last year Michigan escaped Army, two years ago Northwestern couldn't beat one noncon but ran thru the B1G West, I don't think I've ever seen a team eek out a closer 3-0 noncon than Minny did last year, including beating one of those pesky Sunbelt teams by 3 at home.

Reactions: Cytown12

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
Weird, all these sights say otherwise:
1. Standford
2. Miami
3. Iowa
It's too bad this wasn't go back a year so Myers was included. From what I can tell he would add 5 pts for us and neither Stanford or Miami would've added anyone. Go back another two years and Miami gets Olson, who makes up for Iowa adding Chandler and then some. Some crazy big names in all of this, pretty cool to be in the discussion of the top 2-3 modern TE colleges around. Would be interesting to see a comparison on how all these guys were rated coming out of HS.

SlowStarts

Sep 14, 2020
Just a grind so far to start out the season:

#19 Louisiana
#29 TCU
#3 Oklahoma

That's just crazy

According to Sagarin, last year isu had the #5th hardest schedule in the country. Only problem was Sagarin also said isu would win 7 games playing Iowa’s schedule while Iowa would have won 10 games playing isu’s.

It is too bad isu keeps playing teams that are better than them. Should get some kind of trophy for it.

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
What’s the verdict on putting an asterisk on current rankings with 40% of P5 schools not currently playing? I’m all for the G5 teams getting love though, always pulling for the little guys. I’m sure it’s a blast for them.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
What’s the verdict on putting an asterisk on current rankings with 40% of P5 schools not currently playing? I’m all for the G5 teams getting love though, always pulling for the little guys. I’m sure it’s a blast for them.
About the same as putting an asterisk next to Iowa every year for playing a G5 level schedule

• Funny
Reactions: 1776 and Cytown12