Will ISU change their mind on fans in the stands?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CYTruck

Jan 3, 2010
Is there any chance that ISU will reverse the decision of no fans and let us back in for the next home game?

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
Yeah, there will most likely be fans in the stand next weekend is what I was told. The covid cases on campus have dramatically decreased the past 2 weeks. There should be a communication coming out today.

Last edited:

Cyclad

Apr 12, 2006
I'm expecting JP to go with 15,000.
Depending on how many have opted out another possibility would be to go with all remaining season ticket holders.
Although the CDC has lost a lot of credibility under this administration, these changes will certainly hurt the possibilities of fans.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
JP will run into a lot of opposition again with how much of a total s**t show this state is in.

I think you could totally do between 10-15k pretty safely though.... if you spread the fans out from one another. Put the seat back chairs on the seats where people are allowed to sit... I think that's a great idea.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
It's Monday morning, cut some slack lol.

But I've heard JP is pushing for fans. They have been testing stadium crowd noises in case there isn't any fans.

Of course JP is pushing for fans. He probably needs to be pushing more for Iowans to wear masks and social distance if he really wants fans though. Iowa continues to be a total disaster with Covid.... and as long as that is the case, JP will have a tough time making his case.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
Of course JP is pushing for fans. He probably needs to be pushing more for Iowans to wear masks and social distance if he really wants fans though. Iowa continues to be a total disaster with Covid.... and as long as that is the case, JP will have a tough time making his case.

Cases on campus have been declining since move in week. Face coverings are required. I don't think that will make his case to tough.

Reactions: NWICY

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Cases on campus have been declining since move in week. Face coverings are required. I don't think that will make his case to tough.

Cases on campus don't mean much, unless you're just going to only allow students in?

People come from all over the state to the football games.... none come from on campus.... except students.

Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Agree. He can point to other counties in Iowa that have colleges and other states in correlation to when they started up classes. They are following the same pattern as us, a quick spike and the. It settles down.

• Agree
Reactions: flycy and aauummm
Status
Not open for further replies.