All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Right from ESPN on Iowa's new schedule:
"...while no one gets a truly easy stretch this season, the Hawkeyes were given Purdue, Northwestern and Michigan State to start. That's as light as you're going to get (without involving Rutgers), and it could give the Hawkeyes a chance to figure out what they've got before a huge mid-November matchup with Minnesota. Can't ask for much more with a conference-only slate "

HAHAHA! Even ESPN knows Iowa's schedule is an absolute joke. Glad ya'll could reclaim your cupcake like schedules ya'll are used to.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I don't think you understand college athletics. These schools run as non profit, they pretty much have to spend all the money they make. You can't be a non profit is you are running profits. So yeah schools pretty much piss away money, because they have to.
Non-profits don’t operate in that fashion. You really don’t know **** about this subject.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Any Iowa fans know what's going on here? I know Josh Jackson was a bust but I thought King was decent in the NFL

STC061693

Apr 23, 2020
Any Iowa fans know what's going on here? I know Josh Jackson was a bust but I thought King was decent in the NFL

Chargers went a signed Chris Harris, a top 3 NFL corner, in the offseason and the already had Casey Hayward as the number one corner. I think King is a free agent this year or next and I doubt he stays with the Chargers.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I don't think you understand college athletics. These schools run as non profit, they pretty much have to spend all the money they make. You can't be a non profit is you are running profits. So yeah schools pretty much piss away money, because they have to.
This is a very dumbfounded take. I spent several years of my life either employed or volunteering on boards of different sized non profits. You are so off on your understanding it is mind numbing. You are allowed as much as you can justify in reserves. You just have to have a decent reason for it. Replacement of amenities, cash reserves, new buildings and such can all have cash set aside for them, you just have to be able to explain to auditors why you have them. They do t make you spend everything, that is an ignorant belief.

Last edited:

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

Why would any NFL player ever tweet that? That's the epitome of something that should be kept in house.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
"...while no one gets a truly easy stretch this season, the Hawkeyes were given Purdue, Northwestern and Michigan State to start. That's as light as you're going to get (without involving Rutgers), and it could give the Hawkeyes a chance to figure out what they've got before a huge mid-November matchup with Minnesota. Can't ask for much more with a conference-only slate "

HAHAHA! Even ESPN knows Iowa's schedule is an absolute joke. Glad ya'll could reclaim your cupcake like schedules ya'll are used to.
Could have used a upper tier Sunbelt team to bump that SOS for sure.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I doubt those sports get brought back. They already were on the chopping block pre COVID. It sucks because I loved watching the Swim Team as I was a swimmer. Coach Long was a hell of coach.

Swimming and diving were on the chopping block? Barta poured millions into swiming and diving..... even though it was on the chopping block? That's sounds about right for Barta.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

The Ragin Cajuns are better than Purdue, Northwestern, and Michigan State. What a joke of a schedule...... again. How do they get away with this s**t year after year??

We got TCU and OU next.

• Haha
Reactions: STCoach

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
Swimming and diving were on the chopping block? Barta poured millions into swiming and diving..... even though it was on the chopping block? That's sounds about right for Barta.
You talking about the complex that was built like a decade ago? You think they going to chain up the doors after this season?

I'll be honest, I kind of hope Iowa just goes full on ISU and guts the varsity programs down to like 14.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron