Remainder of NBA season at Disney World?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Nader_uggghhh

Jul 11, 2017
What an epic disaster the Clips are. Wonder if Kawhi regerts leaving Toronto. Could have been heading to another Final.

It's easy to say that but Toronto barely made it past Philly last year and Kawhi was ridiculous. The Celtics and Heat are tough to beat right now regardless of style.

Toronto gambled and won big last year. This year the Clippers gambled and lost big. They're effed for the foreseeable future and OKC is set up for the next half decade. The NBA is wild.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Are we all just going to pretend that a lot of people weren't saying Kawhi is the best basketball player on the planet?

Dude was bad this series. Don't ever talk trash about Lebron again.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Are we all just going to pretend that a lot of people weren't saying Kawhi is the best basketball player on the planet?

Dude was bad this series. Don't ever talk trash about Lebron again.

Thin skin like LeBron.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Kawhi will get all the heat for this loss but it really speaks volumes about good his supporting cast was last year. Gimmie Lowry, FVF, Siakam over any combo of 3 the LAC can throw out, plus Nurse > Rivers. Don't get me wrong, a healthy GS beats them last year but the Raps were no fluke, until last week, it had been 5 seasons since they lost a series to a team that didn't have Lebron.

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
Thin skin like LeBron.

He's not entirely wrong, though. Kawhi shot 6/22 in a game 7 just to get to the conference finals.....People can rip on Lebron's finals record all they want, but he was always giving them a chance. Kawhi hasn't ever won a regular season MVP. That alone takes you out of best player in the game conversation.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
Kawhi will get all the heat for this loss but it really speaks volumes about good his supporting cast was last year. Gimmie Lowry, FVF, Siakam over any combo of 3 the LAC can throw out, plus Nurse > Rivers. Don't get me wrong, a healthy GS beats them last year but the Raps were no fluke, until last week, it had been 5 seasons since they lost a series to a team that didn't have Lebron.

I saw it somewhere but Balmer really should take the Clips and go back to Seattle. New name, everything. They are cursed where they are. And Lakers will always be king in LA.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I saw it somewhere but Balmer really should take the Clips and go back to Seattle. New name, everything. They are cursed where they are. And Lakers will always be king in LA.
Balmer wants to build a new arena in Inglewood next to the new SoFi.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
He's not entirely wrong, though. Kawhi shot 6/22 in a game 7 just to get to the conference finals.....People can rip on Lebron's finals record all they want, but he was always giving them a chance. Kawhi hasn't ever won a regular season MVP. That alone takes you out of best player in the game conversation.
Look at what happened to the Cavaliers both times Lebron left and the Heat after Lebron left. They were AWFUL. Kawhi left Toronto and they still made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
So, OKC is set up and I’ve heard Bill Self and Billy Donovan are essentially swapping jobs.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Makes sense and he'd probably do pretty well.
Watch them trade Paul to the Bucks, get a little bit more, and make that roster even better.
I say this as someone who thinks Chris Paul had a great year in OKC too. I'm just concerned about the miles on his legs.

Reactions: mj4cy

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Any reason why? You think Kawhi is the best player in basketball?

Kobe only won one MVP award and it wasn't til like his 12th season. I would have made an argument prior to 2008 that Kobe was the best basketball player in the world.

Reactions: isufbcurt

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
Kobe only won one MVP award and it wasn't til like his 12th season. I would have made an argument prior to 2008 that Kobe was the best basketball player in the world.

But he did win an MVP, and realistically should've been 2 but Nash took one of those from him. I will also say that Kobe was top 5 in MVP voting 10 times other than winning in 2008. Kawhi is going into year 10 with two top 5's. 'm not saying Kawhi isn't good, because he is damn good, but best basketball player in the world he is not.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
But he did win an MVP, and realistically should've been 2 but Nash took one of those from him. I will also say that Kobe was top 5 in MVP voting 10 times other than winning in 2008. Kawhi is going into year 10 with two top 5's. 'm not saying Kawhi isn't good, because he is damn good, but best basketball player in the world he is not.

My point is that prior to Kobe winning MVP in 2008 I would have made a case he was best in the world like people were doing with Kawhi. You said a player can't be in the discussion for world's best if they haven't won the MVP. Kobe most certainly was before he won a regular season award.