Remainder of NBA season at Disney World?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
The Clippers seem like a truly unlikable bunch, so I'm thrilled by this. What a choke job.
After trading Griffin, rebuilding, they were heading down the right path.
To see what they gave up for Paul George, who can opt out next year, is staggering.
OKC has A LOT of future picks.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Jokic plays like what everyone said Arvydas Sabonis was like as a youngster. After Lebron and Kawhi, he's as good as anyone and he's only 25. It's crazy how many great,young, legit superstars there are in the league right now. From a competition and parity standpoint, the NBA is as strong as its been in decades. I feel like the league has caught up with the superteam free agency we saw the last 15 years or so. Lebron is the favorite but the other 3 teams are built to compete with him. Any of the teams left could win it.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Jokic plays like what everyone said Arvydas Sabonis was like as a youngster. After Lebron and Kawhi, he's as good as anyone and he's only 25. It's crazy how many great,young, legit superstars there are in the league right now. From a competition and parity standpoint, the NBA is as strong as its been in decades. I feel like the league has caught up with the superteam free agency we saw the last 15 years or so. Lebron is the favorite but the other 3 teams are built to compete with him. Any of the teams left could win it.

Bron owns Boston if that one happens.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
I thought I wanted Clippers vs Lakers but they just aren’t playing worth a damn while Denver is getting after it. I’d rather watch this Denver team get a shot.
Denver is the funnest team to watch in the NBA. Their pick and roll with Murray/Jokic is nearly impossible to stop. You basically have to hope they miss a bunch of open shots, and they usually don't. They've got too many good shooters on that team.

CychiatricWard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 27, 2017
Des Moines
I don't know about that. They have the two best players left, but the rest of that team isn't good. Will be an interesting referendum on superstar vs team play.

I think you underestimate the Lakers bench players. They have some playoff experience there and some good role players depending on the matchup. Kuzma, Morris, Rondo, the Bald Mamba (Caruso), KCP. They can go uber big eith Howard and McGee, or play "small" ball, which destroyed the Rockets.

• Winner
Reactions: NewClone09

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Based on C. J. McCollum's tweets I'm guessing Will Barton is a major talent that Denver doesn't have available and they still pulled off back to back comebacks from 1-3.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
The Clippers seem like a truly unlikable bunch, so I'm thrilled by this. What a choke job.
This. I am no Lebron fan and don't want to see the Lakers win, but for some reason I just couldn't get behind this Clippers team. I think I really just don't like Beverly and think PG is the most overrated player in the game. I don't feel bad for Kawhi because he made this bed for himself, but he really should've have re- signed with Toronto.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I think you underestimate the Lakers bench players. They have some playoff experience there and some good role players depending on the matchup. Kuzma, Morris, Rondo, the Bald Mamba (Caruso), KCP. They can go uber big eith Howard and McGee, or play "small" ball, which destroyed the Rockets.
This. The Lakers were a 2 man show in the first round vs Portland and didn't look great all the time. But Rondo came back and they look like a new team. Really have a hard time seeing the Lakers lose a best of 7 to any of the remaining teams, which makes me unhappy, but I'll watch it all unfold anyway.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
This. I am no Lebron fan and don't want to see the Lakers win, but for some reason I just couldn't get behind this Clippers team. I think I really just don't like Beverly and think PG is the most overrated player in the game. I don't feel bad for Kawhi because he made this bed for himself, but he really should've have re- signed with Toronto.

They'd easily be in the finals again with him.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
They'd easily be in the finals again with him.
They would, and lebron vs a Kawhi/ Raptor team would've made for an epic finals showdown in the bubble. Instead I'm hoping for Nuggets/Heat knowing full well I'm going to be disappointed!

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City

agree

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
The fact alone that Smart plays for the Celtics is reason enough for me to hope the Heat take care of business this series.

I've always been a Celtic fan and it's been tough to root for Smart because of the Okie State days. But man, does that dude freaking hustle and play tough D. He is a valuable piece. Wish Kane would have gotten a shot in the league because he'd be doing the same thing for some other team too.

Reactions: Halincandenza

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I've always been a Celtic fan and it's been tough to root for Smart because of the Okie State days. But man, does that dude freaking hustle and play tough D. He is a valuable piece. Wish Kane would have gotten a shot in the league because he'd be doing the same thing for some other team too.
He is a good player, never been any denying that. But he still does so much of what he's always been the best at--flop. He should have shelves upon shelves of Emmy's trophies by now. I don't respect that element of his game at all and always loathed him for it.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
He is a good player, never been any denying that. But he still does so much of what he's always been the best at--flop. He should have shelves upon shelves of Emmy's trophies by now. I don't respect that element of his game at all and always loathed him for it.

I'm convinced it's to a point that **** doesn't help him. If I'm a ref and I see him fall, I'm to the point of assuming it's a flop.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I'm convinced it's to a point that **** doesn't help him. If I'm a ref and I see him fall, I'm to the point of assuming it's a flop.
You're not wrong. I don't watch enough C's games to know what % of calls he gets relative to how many flops. Every time I do watch one of their games though, he seems to get one. It's a shame really, I think i could really like the Celtics otherwise. I enjoy watching Tatum and Brown blossom into young stars and have always liked Kemba

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
What an epic disaster the Clips are. Wonder if Kawhi regerts leaving Toronto. Could have been heading to another Final.

Nader_uggghhh

Jul 11, 2017
I'm not sure how it happened but I love Marcus Smart now. He has no business being as impactful as he is, but he is, every night. As much as he flops he's still 1st team All-Defense. I can get behind his game, it's the James Hardens of the world I can't stand.

• Agree
Reactions: WalkingCY