Am I the only person that is putting ZERO stock in to this season?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I just haven’t been able to get in to it. Half of the teams aren’t playing a season, half of the conferences games cancelled this week, empty stadiums with no atmosphere. I don’t know what this season is, but it’s not College Football. I’ll be watching off the DVR all season.

The news media is going to pretend like everything is normal and try to push this season on me like nothing is out of the ordinary. The threads I see on this site so far are just the run of the mill post-loss meltdowns as if this was the first week of September against the team we were supposed to be playing. There’s like 3 weeks until the next game.

It’s just not the same and I don’t want to pretend like it is.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I just haven’t been able to get in to it. Half of the teams aren’t playing a season, half of the conferences games cancelled this week, empty stadiums with no atmosphere. I don’t know what this season is, but it’s not College Football. I’ll be watching off the DVR all season.

The news media is going to pretend like everything is normal and try to push this season on me like nothing is out of the ordinary. The threads I see on this site so far are just the run of the mill post-loss meltdowns as if this was the first week of September against the team we were supposed to be playing. There’s like 3 weeks until the next game.

I agree, it isn't the same. But it is all we get this year. And it beats not having it at all.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
None of the sports are the same, a different variety of what everyone is used to.

I don't know about soccer but then again, it's soccer.

• Informative
Reactions: dirtyninety

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA

Had ISU been able to win the conference I’d live with the asterisk, but that isn’t happening.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
It’s going to be a weird year but he cream will still rise. I caught a good amount of Clemson, and damn, what a well oiled machine and they played a TON of true freshmen.

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: NWICY and tzjung

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
if anything it is more football and less emotion, which may be true that its not college football, which may have partly exposed isu to be too much emotion and not enough football yesterday, i kind of like it because i think technicals will win the day

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
It’s going to be a weird year but he cream will still rise. I caught a good amount of Clemson, and damn, what a well oiled machine and they played a TON of true freshmen.

Wait till the cancellations are mixed in every week.

• Agree
Reactions: deadeyededric

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006

yes that was what i was trying to say too, the cream will certainly rise to the top this year

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
Wait till the cancellations are mixed in every week.

thats part of the strategy, keep your team in the bubble
i really thought this was going to be isu year to shine but they were exposed yesterday as too much emotion not enough football

FallOf81

Oct 24, 2017
After yesterday's **** show, what Cyclone fans should be putting stock into are the consequences of a bad season, on top of lost revenue this year. It's one thing to have a good football team that generates excitement for an empty stadium (hope for amazing season ticket sales in 2021) ... and a completely different thing to lay a steaming **** on the grass field during this pandemic. Covid will alter the college sports landscape for years to come, having a bad team on top of it will cause damage that isn't possible to calculate now. I'm sure Jamie didn't have a decent night sleep last night running those spreadsheets through his mind.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
After yesterday's **** show, what Cyclone fans should be putting stock into are the consequences of a bad season, on top of lost revenue this year. It's one thing to have a good football team that generates excitement for an empty stadium (hope for amazing season ticket sales in 2021) ... and a completely different thing to lay a steaming **** on the grass field during this pandemic. Covid will alter the college sports landscape for years to come, having a bad team on top of it will cause damage that isn't possible to calculate now. I'm sure Jamie didn't have a decent night sleep last night running those spreadsheets through his mind.

Everything is going to go broke.

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
I get what you're saying. However with the situation sound the pandemic and this season, it actually created a great opportunity for the Cyclones. That's what was making me really look forward to it prior to yesterday.

Less teams playing opened up (from a statistical standpoint) more exposure to the program. Example, If the other two P5 conferences played yesterday, the game against Louisiana would not have been on ESPN. Less teams to watch in a numbers game simply means more people could watch the Cyclones. Additionally, the Cyclones were the only show in the state. With a fun exciting team, they would pick up some hype and extra fans that just want something to watch.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like they will capitalize on it. Fell right onto their faces. Only hope is to win a bunch of conference games against a conference that looks pretty weak at the bottom after week one. We'll see what happens.

UNIGuy4Cy

Nov 11, 2009
Something does seem flukey about this year but that doesn’t take away from **** show we saw yesterday. We remain completely unprepared in September games. Campbell can’t live that down. He has also done incredibly bad with something big on the line including his time at Toledo. When there is no pressure the team performs. The one positive this year, none of these games go against a player’s eligibility. A senior in 2020 is a senior in 2021.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
Nah, I will pass on putting stock into that. I’ll let pollard worry about that one.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Something does seem flukey about this year but that doesn’t take away from **** show we saw yesterday. We remain completely unprepared in September games. Campbell can’t live that down. He has also done incredibly bad with something big on the line including his time at Toledo. When there is no pressure the team performs. The one positive this year, none of these games go against a player’s eligibility. A senior in 2020 is a senior in 2021.

Is that true? I thought it was just if someone wants to sit out or redshirt.