*** Official Louisiana VS #23 IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
I'm sure the coaches are gonna play this off as uninspired and a learning experience for the players, but it needs to really be a learning experiences for themselves. Something must be done with ST. Period. That's 14 points, right there. Next, find out what's wrong with Purdy and his receivers. Too many drops, missed throws. Size was completely not advantageous today.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Does this go down as the biggest disappointment in Iowa State history? I think it is in my lifetime at least. “Best team in school history” yeah right
This loss ranks right up there with the Drake Loss in the Jimmie Don Criner years......

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
We were slower in every position than a Sun Belt team and that is on SC coach..

This offense was not ready at all and cmc not having ST coach is killing program

• Agree
Reactions: CyBobby

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Yeah the second return TD was unacceptable. Both runners over ran the kick and one guy didn't even try to make a tackle he just sat into the pressure of his blocker.
Look at our guys bunched up on both returns. Seriously if there was a ST coach and that was how they covered he’d be fired tomorrow. You’d almost have to go out of your way to cover it worse.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
This loss is 100% on Purdy. Bad decisions and bad throws.
Yeah, he has been coaching the special teams this year. It is definitely his fault that they gave up the kick return touchdown and the punt return touchdown. And he clearly caused the horrible coverage by our secondary on the 78 yard play option pass. He didn't play well, but even if he had played his best game ever, we could easily have still lost this turd.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

cdfree

Sep 5, 2011
Evanston, IL
Yeah the second return TD was unacceptable. Both runners over ran the kick and one guy didn't even try to make a tackle he just sat into the pressure of his blocker.

Yeah but the punter didn't help much either. Line drive right to the return man. It was in the air for like 2 seconds. High school level punt.

Reactions: Jayshellberg

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
You guys complaining about scheduling are ******* stupid. This was the sixth (I think???) non-conference team to have been on our schedule this year. We took who was available.

And this was Louisiana..... not Clemson. If we can't beat Louisiana.... you just aren't that good.

• Useful
Reactions: CyBobby