Best and Worst Fans

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Meh. It was practically a home game and most people were wearing Vikings gear anyway. Not a huge deal. And wouldn’t have happened unless the Metrodome staff put the feedback over the speaker system.
And some people don't understand why opposing fans think they are ********.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
As a badger, I want to stand up for Minnesota fans for a second. A friend and I went to the Wisconsin - Minnesota game last year, were both wearing Wisconsin gear, and were in the Dickeyville area (I think that’s what it’s called, it’s the place with all the bars), and minnesota fans couldn’t have been nicer.

it’s just one story and super dependent on who you interact with and everything, but I wanted to throw that out there
Dinkytown

• Winner
Reactions: Candide

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Meh. It was practically a home game and most people were wearing Vikings gear anyway. Not a huge deal. And wouldn’t have happened unless the Metrodome staff put the feedback over the speaker system.
It’s not a huge deal, but it’s not great and doesn’t endear you to Minnesota fans. If nebraska, Iowa State, Minnesota, or Wisconsin fans did that in Kinnick I don’t think a ton of Hawk fans would be thrilled

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
If you were watching a game and your team was playing the worst they did all season, We had already been pissed at the band (my family is involved with farming and agriculture so yeah it pissed me off), and had a douche ISU fan to deal with, then yeah I was going to probably say things I normally wouldn’t.

That Stanford band was funny and lots of people are involved in ag. The Stanford band is known for poking fun at the opposition. Lighten up Francis.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
So if the scenario was reversed it wouldn't be that big of a deal? You are a bad human.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I feel like we missed out on a opportunity to become friends with the Louisiana contingent. I bet they would have been a fun bunch.

nhclone

Nov 20, 2008
And I really feel it is only this rivalry that has that happen between Iowa and other teams because ISU fans are really the only fans of teams that complain about Iowa. Other teams fans come to message boards or post on social media that Iowa fans were awesome and really nice outside of PSU because no one wants to be nice to them.
What schools? I get PSU because Pedos, and probably Wisconsin because they have awful fans so they receive similar treatment as we get up there.
Minnesota fans should have no room to talk. Iowa fans go up there and are yelled at constantly and are treated poorly. They also do their stupid who hates Iowa chant always at players and fans. Iowa wrestling fans are ass hats yes. I won’t even deny that because it’s true. I’ve never even seen a Northwestern fan so idk about that statement.

So ISU fans are the only ones who have a problem with Iowa, except Penn State but that's not Iowa's fault....and Wisconsin but that's not Iowa's fault....and Minnesota but that's not Iowa's fault....and Northwestern but that's not Iowa's fault. You sound like a child

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020
So ISU fans are the only ones who have a problem with Iowa, except Penn State but that's not Iowa's fault....and Wisconsin but that's not Iowa's fault....and Minnesota but that's not Iowa's fault....and Northwestern but that's not Iowa's fault. You sound like a child
Minnesota and Wisconsin is a two way street. It’s on both fan bases to be better. Northwestern I’ve never seen so I didn’t comment on it. Penn State is always treated poorly because A. They are a bunch of arrogant ******** and B. Pedos.

Antihawk240

May 17, 2012
Iowa State and Ames in general is by far the nicest fan base I've had the luxury of being involved with but I have to discard this answer.

Nicest Fan Base: University of South Carolina in Columbia. Been in Williams Brice Stadium twice now. If Iowa State ever plays South Carolina in anything, hands down I'm on the road to it.

Worst/Rudest Fan Base. BYU: Been there twice, never will be a 3rd time. Absolute gorgeous stadium, one of the best I've been in. But the people are the worst. I have an unbelievably unfair opinion of the Morman community because of the 7 hours I have spent watching football.

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020
Iowa State and Ames in general is by far the nicest fan base I've had the luxury of being involved with but I have to discard this answer.

Nicest Fan Base: University of South Carolina in Columbia. Been in Williams Brice Stadium twice now. If Iowa State ever plays South Carolina in anything, hands down I'm on the road to it.

Worst/Rudest Fan Base. Been there twice, never will be a 3rd time. Absolute gorgeous stadium, one of the best I've been in. But the people are the worst. I have an unbelievably unfair opinion of the Morman community because of the 7 hours I have spent watching football.
So Utah State or BYU? Not sure which

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Another thing about the “Iowa wrestling fans are jerks, but that’s only wrestling” thing. Can you really say that’s only wrestling? I can’t imagine people are really going to be jerks for one sport but not others. Also, I don’t follow wrestling, but are fans there really separate from the rest of the fanbase (i.e. are there a lot Of people that only cheer for wrestling and nothing else)?

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020
Another thing about the “Iowa wrestling fans are jerks, but that’s only wrestling” thing. Can you really say that’s only wrestling? I can’t imagine people are really going to be jerks for one sport but not others. Also, I don’t follow wrestling, but are fans there really separate from the rest of the fanbase (i.e. are there a lot Of people that only cheer for wrestling and nothing else)?
You’d be surprised but yeah.

Antihawk240

May 17, 2012
So Utah State or BYU? Not sure which
Thanks, I went back and fixed it. I was too busy getting all worked up and ready to rant. BYU. Hands down. It was so bad I may not even venture to Utah State if given the opportunity. Bad, just everything you dont want to deal with in a football game goes on there. Twice even, I cant even give them the benefit of doubt for having a stadium wide bad day.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Minnesota and Wisconsin is a two way street. It’s on both fan bases to be better. Northwestern I’ve never seen so I didn’t comment on it. Penn State is always treated poorly because A. They are a bunch of arrogant ******** and B. Pedos.

Penn State is Pedos and Iowa is racist

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
A racist doesn’t like pedophiles. The more you know.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins