Info: Opting out of the politics board...

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amishclone

Feb 23, 2014
Yes, because there is so much traffic on the wrestling board. Last post on a thread over there was Tuesday. On the most recent thread before that one? August 17th. Before that one? August 11th. Today is August 27th.

Yeah, I can see how it is cluttering up your timeline.

:rolleyes:
Oh look, a wrestling fan!

Wrestling, volleyball, etc. I'd opt out of all of those of I could

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Yes, because there is so much traffic on the wrestling board. Last post on a thread over there was Tuesday. On the most recent thread before that one? August 17th. Before that one? August 11th. Today is August 27th.

Yeah, I can see how it is cluttering up your timeline.

:rolleyes:

I mean, its not a big deal, but it'd be nice to have opt out for each forum. There are times i would have opted out of pro sports because i don't really care much about them.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Is it really that hard to look through the threads and not click on something? Really. I mean the front page of the new posts has hardly changed all day.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Getting rid of the "Dumb" post would probably help the civility on all of the boards.
I don't think so. Dumb is more blunt, but there's plenty of other ones I've used before to get the point across, it's just more passive aggressive:
1.) Dislike (self explanatory)
2.) funny (it's funny how stupid you are)
3.) useful (you're a ******* tool)
4.) optimistic (when other people give them a compliment because the person's an idiotic *******)
5.) creative (great job making **** up)

Dumb is just more direct

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
If the cave starts seeping into this thread, I am going to lock it down. It will remain stickied at the top as it is meant to only be helpful. If y'all have questions pertaining to the issue or anything like that then fine, but we're not going to talk about politics here.

Not looking for a ban JStanz, but this post made me LOL. It's almost like the car finance threads LOL.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I find it very unfortunate, in a time when news and opinion can be filtered to fit an individual's worlds view, people can't even bare to see a thread title that differs from their own viewpoint.

I do like seeing that they're able to muster up the strength to enter the thread and post about how they won't be reading the thread. Not all heroes wear capes.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
It's crazy how easy it is to get swept up in something on an anonymous chat board. In a blink of an eye, I find myself waist deep going deeper before realizing how incredibly stupid it is to engage. During the best of times I don't take the bait but now I'm calling it a win when I DO engage but recognize my foolishness (not brilliance!!!!!) in participating.

The world has enough really stupid opinions so I want to do my small part by not adding my really stupid opinions to the "conversation".
We all recognize your foolishness. Maybe it's brilliantly foolish.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
If we didn't have Politics and FatStanley threads here, the ad traffic would drop considerably :)

PS: does CF have to pay 'Social Influencers" to drive (troll) traffic? If so, how can I submit my resume?

PPS: Don't you all find the Politics threads obnoxious when they bumped to the top during FB and MBB games?

Reactions: Angie

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Threads used to get derailed by talk of tacos, cheeseburgers, and JLH. Now it's politics. I miss the JLH days.

You forgot the condiments and that ScarJo had started competing with JLH. Been awhile since we had a ScarJo gif fight. There were no losers with those.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee
Status
Not open for further replies.