Info: Opting out of the politics board...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JStanz51

Sep 24, 2013
Ames, IA
What's up, Fanatics --

Recently, Chris and I have been getting a lot of (mostly negative) feedback from users about the politics forum and it having too big of a presence on the site.

I wanted to take this opportunity to remind everyone they have the option to opt-out of seeing the politics board and explain what is needed in order to do that.

Go to the left-hand side of the page in the menu bar. At the bottom of the list, there is an option for settings. Click there then scroll towards the middle of the page it takes you to. It will say "Remove politics forum." Check the box next to "Yes, hide forums" and it should no longer appear when you're looking through the forums.

We understand everyone who has reached out's frustration right now. The political climate in our country has become overwhelming, and, believe me, I feel the same way a lot of you do. I'm tired of it and ready to get November over with, although who knows what that will really do to help at this point.

Regardless, I just wanted to pass that along so that everyone knows they have the option and how to prevent yourself from seeing that forum.

Hopefully, it will be helpful for some.

-- Jared

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
That works great, now if only opting out of the In-State Rivals Forum worked, that would be great also.

Reactions: CyValley

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
I wonder what the traffic/view/post count is on here in the Cave relative to the actual sports boards.
I think that would depend on what time of the year we are in. Pretty slow sports wise (especially Iowa State related) this time of the year.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I wonder what the traffic/view/post count is on here in the Cave relative to the actual sports boards.

I'm guessing from before it was probably 50/50. Well worth it back when ads paid something. Now, it's probably a tougher decision. However, I hate to let people down but this isn't getting better after November, it's going to get worse. Just the interesting times in which we get to live.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
What this site needs is the ability to block individual threads, as well as boards.
Yeah, I agree. I think sometimes the football and basketball board can be come just as toxic as the cave.

Works for me but I had it set before the site update.
It might also just take a while. I know it takes a while for opting out of the cave to take effect

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
I never even dipped my toes in it. I know I'm crazy but I like at least a veneer of civility.

I dipped my toes in when the first pandemic thread was moved and I was trying to stay informed. I didn't last long.

I'm much happier "uninformed". Not that there was much informing happening there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron