If we win Saturday

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

hoosman

Sep 4, 2006
Davenport
We will have some respectibility in the big 12 (two teams @ 1-7); we will have much more fan and player optimism for next year; we will have a recruiting boost (especially vs K-state); we'll break a long road losing streak; we can honestly say that we didn't get worse this year. A win would be huge for us.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
We will have some respectibility in the big 12 (two teams @ 1-7); we will have much more fan and player optimism for next year; we will have a recruiting boost (especially vs K-state); we'll break a long road losing streak; we can honestly say that we didn't get worse this year. A win would be huge for us.

I agree w/ everything but this

Cardinal&Gold11

Nov 6, 2007
The land of Eastern Iowa University
I don't know about respectability, but everything else I agree with. If we can get this road win, it would be huge for the younger guys on this team to know that they can win on the road in the big 12. It would really help out with recruiting and sell to the recruits that we can win on the road. I'll be there cheering my *** off on Saturday. GO CLONES!!!!

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
We'd better have the respect of K-State if we beat them at least, but I cant see much respect coming from anywhere else, especially in this state where Black and Gold has infected so many.

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
I think it will be best if we lose on Saturday, it will show recruits that we still need lots of immediate help and we may actually break the bottom 10 which will bring us much more respect then winning 1 game. [/sarcasm]

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA

I hate to sound negative but how does finishing 3-9 and 1 win in the conference give us any more respectibility or mean improvement? Three wins this year compared to 3 last year is not improvement either and 1 conference win is actually a decrease in the conference totals last year and we definitely had a lot easier schedule this year than last missing out on TU, OU, and TT. Our defense has taken a step back giving up more points than it did last year.

I'm just going to be glad this nightmare season is over with after Saturday. I'm not counting on a win either, we have got our butts handed to by some of the worse in the Big 12 already so I'll just be glad if we even keep it close and don't give up another 30+ points. Sorry but I am disappointed with this year. I would have been fine with a 4 or 5 win season but I think we've actually gotten worse than last year and even if we do improve next year we have to add the brutal Big 12 south schedule back the following season. I'm not saying I am giving up on this coaching staff, way too early for that but I am disappointed that we didn't show noticible improvement this season.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
We desperately need a win. We'll still have a bad team even if they win this one, but going into the off-season on a 10 game losing streak would be absolutely brutal.

Cardinal&Gold11

Nov 6, 2007
The land of Eastern Iowa University
We desperately need a win. We'll still have a bad team even if they win this one, but going into the off-season on a 10 game losing streak would be absolutely brutal.

Winning that last one and getting that road monkey off the players back would really help them going into next year. It would create a little excitement heading into the off season. 1 win could really go a long way in helping out the young players. For all the people that are going down to the game, let's be loud and proud and cheer our team on to victory! Go State!!

wesley_w

Oct 23, 2006
Outside the KSU and ISU fanbases and locker rooms I'm sure noone cares about this game. But to the players on the field I can just about guarantee it's important who wins and it will be a game they remember. I hope the team and especially the seniors go out with a victory!!

Reactions: candg4ever

AmesCloneFan

Aug 17, 2008
Ames
Winning that last one and getting that road monkey off the players back would really help them going into next year. It would create a little excitement heading into the off season. 1 win could really go a long way in helping out the young players. For all the people that are going down to the game, let's be loud and proud and cheer our team on to victory! Go State!!

I agree. This is one that we should win. Break the road game streak, at least give the seniors a little something to go out on.

Does anyone actually remember what it feels like to win? I think I've forgotten...

cycloneryan

May 21, 2006
Des Moines
We were a bad team this year, the only two reasons I really hope we win this weekend are: 1. I hate KSU with a passion that is only close to the one with iowa, and 2. I really want the seniors to win this road game.