• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
I love how the big 12 takes away an ISU home field advantage by giving you another cold weather team(WVU) on 12/5. Big 12 has no issues sending us into Texas during the heat of summer. Will we ever see Texas in Ames or Morgantown in December? I wonder if the schedule has to be rubber stamped by Texas before it becomes official.

You should have been around in the 12-team/2-division era.

From 1996-2010...
Texas Tech never played a November game at a Northern team.
Texas never played at ISU, KSU, CU, or MU in November.
Texas A&M never played at ISU, KU, or KSU in November.
Baylor never played at ISU, NU, or CU in November.
ISU and CU only had 2 home games against Southern teams in November, and ISU's were against OU and OSU.

• Informative
Reactions: khardbored

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
You should have been around in the 12-team/2-division era.

From 1996-2010...
Texas Tech never played a November game at a Northern team.
Texas never played at ISU, KSU, CU, or MU in November.
Texas A&M never played at ISU, KU, or KSU in November.
Baylor never played at ISU, NU, or CU in November.
ISU and CU only had 2 home games against Southern teams in November, and ISU's were against OU and OSU.
Minor point but K-State beat Texas in Manhattan on Dec 1st to win the 2012 B12 championship.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
I know they just come out with this and all, but no way this actually happens.... right? With 2/5 of the P5 on the sidelines, what credibility would a playoff or NCG run have? Would they even hold those events? Maybe they play the games just for the sake of statistics and record books

Oklahoma, Alabama, Clemson, LSU, and so on. Playoffs seem pretty normal. Now, let’s say Iowa State wins the Big12 and makes the playoffs, then everyone will have your thought process.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Trying this post in this thread too. Louisiana fan here. What’s up Cyclones! I’m looking for anything regarding our non-conference matchups. Is there any truth to this? Does it look like Iowa State and the Ragin’ Cajuns have landed a deal?

We currently need to fill a cancelled game with Wyoming on Sept. 12th and Missouri on Nov. 21st. Would love a matchup with you guys.
Hopefully you come more prepared than your Monroe brethren did.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Oklahoma, Alabama, Clemson, LSU, and so on. Playoffs seem pretty normal. Now, let’s say Iowa State wins the Big12 and makes the playoffs, then everyone will have your thought process.
That still counts!

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
I love how the big 12 takes away an ISU home field advantage by giving you another cold weather team(WVU) on 12/5. Big 12 has no issues sending us into Texas during the heat of summer.

Will we ever see Texas in Ames or Morgantown in December? I wonder if the schedule has to be rubber stamped by Texas before it becomes official.

Looks to me like business as usual for the fighting "Broken Horns" from Austin....The hornies are the reason we no longer play the Frostbitten Huskers...GO CYCLONES....Win the big 12 this year!

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
Oklahoma RB Kennedy Brooks is sitting the season out

Not expecting to win that game. But I am really happy about playing OU in the third game of the year!

They will have a brand new QB, new RB, replacing Ceedee Lamb. They still have the #1 o-line we will play and an improving defense. But I don't fear their offensive scoring at will right now

Help Support Us

Become a patron