Now that we are having football this fall (hopefully) will fans be able to go.

cyfan50438

Oct 31, 2007
Garner, IA
Jamie Pollard sent email with 3 options which they will reveal on Sept 1 or before, no fans, split season, or full games with 50% capacity, plus no tailgating on lots which will only be open 2 hours before and after. Also no RVs, no food just soda and water in stadium.

How many of you just want to switch your season pass to 2021 now after this news.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Jamie Pollard sent email with 3 options which they will reveal on Sept 1 or before, no fans, split season, or full games with 50% capacity, plus no tailgating on lots which will only be open 2 hours before and after. Also no RVs, no food just soda and water in stadium.

How many of you just want to switch your season pass to 2021 now after this news.
It depends. I assume if they go with the split season they will refund half the cost or apply the other half to next year. If thats the case I would go to half the games.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Just got an email from ISU that the SEZ will permit 100% attendance, and they lowered our ticket cost to $500. BUT NO BOOZE.

Of course, subject to change.

• Informative
Reactions: ZuriCyclone

ZuriCyclone

Nov 10, 2019
Cant wait for football to start. It is going to be interesting watching the clones play with a limited audience, but I watch most of the games on mute, until there is a review or amazing clone play, cant stand the commentary. :)

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
No winter sports till January. If that covers basketball that's lame. Better hope we're better than 5 conference wins this year

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Just got an email from ISU that the SEZ will permit 100% attendance, and they lowered our ticket cost to $500. BUT NO BOOZE.

Of course, subject to change.

That really needs to be reconfigured. Allowing people to sit in high top chairs along the window ruins the experience for everyone else.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

No tailgating is hard to enforce. People still have to park.

I guess you could open up lots 30-60 minutes before the game and close them after. Would that be the plan?

I worry about bathrooms and bathroom lines even for 10k fans. 10k people could space out in a 60k stadium...not always in bathroom lines.

Watching the NBA/NHL it's pretty clear that sports as TV sports works. Baseball is working less because of traveling/no bubble, but at least it's possible without fans.

To be honest, if there are fans, it makes sense for it to be only home team season ticket holders. Imagine 5-10k visiting fans traveling state to state every Saturday for these things for 60-70 FBS teams that might still play. That's obviously a greater risk than just locals going to a local event.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018

I guess you could open up lots 30-60 minutes before the game and close them after. Would that be the plan?

I worry about bathrooms and bathroom lines even for 10k fans. 10k people could space out in a 60k stadium...not always in bathroom lines.

Watching the NBA/NHL it's pretty clear that sports as TV sports works. Baseball is working less because of traveling/no bubble, but at least it's possible without fans.

To be honest, if there are fans, it makes sense for it to be only home team season ticket holders. Imagine 5-10k visiting fans traveling state to state every Saturday for these things for 60-70 FBS teams that might still play. That's obviously a greater risk than just locals going to a local event.

The email stated parking lots will open 2 hours before the game time, but NO tents. So I gather we can sit in the car or stand outside and drink a beer or two before we enter the stadium. At least we have that. But no grills and the rest of it.

• Informative
Reactions: HFCS

FOREVERTRUE

Sep 18, 2017

I think fans in the stands is where the real problems will be with covid and traveling fans that stop where ever before and after the games seems like a really bad idea.

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
That really needs to be reconfigured. Allowing people to sit in high top chairs along the window ruins the experience for everyone else.

IIRC, they already addressed this last year. Took out the high seats and the drink rail along the glass.

In the SEZ email this year, no seats or tables upstairs and socially distanced seats downstairs.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
IIRC, they already addressed this last year. Took out the high seats and the drink rail along the glass.

In the SEZ email this year, no seats or tables upstairs and socially distanced seats downstairs.

Good to hear. It's been a couple years since I've been inside.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
The email stated parking lots will open 2 hours before the game time, but NO tents. So I gather we can sit in the car or stand outside and drink a beer or two before we enter the stadium. At least we have that. But no grills and the rest of it.

I'm happy that they are at least trying. I wonder how enforceable no tailgating is. I mean, are they really going to have cops walking around telling people to fold up that table and chairs or extinguish that grill? From where we were a few days ago, I'm going to be ecstatic just to watch them play on TV. If they give me 3 games to pick from, I'm going...and I'm still going to drink a few beers prior to the game even if it's in my car.

I do wonder how they would have fans pick which games they can go to for a "split season package". I assume donor level, but man, those first few games are going to be what everyone wants. Who in their right mind would pick that WVU game on 12/5? Other than us farmers who couldn't go to October and November games anyway.

• Agree
Reactions: Cy$

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Social media in 2005 --

"Oh, this is cool! Now I can keep in touch with my friends from high school!"

Social media in 2020 --

"I wish I could forget everything about my friends from high school."

2000: My uncles are goofy and loveable guys
2020: I think I know how Ted Kaczynski's nephews felt

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I'm happy that they are at least trying. I wonder how enforceable no tailgating is. I mean, are they really going to have cops walking around telling people to fold up that table and chairs or extinguish that grill? From where we were a few days ago, I'm going to be ecstatic just to watch them play on TV. If they give me 3 games to pick from, I'm going...and I'm still going to drink a few beers prior to the game even if it's in my car.

I do wonder how they would have fans pick which games they can go to for a "split season package". I assume donor level, but man, those first few games are going to be what everyone wants. Who in their right mind would pick that WVU game on 12/5? Other than us farmers who couldn't go to October and November games anyway.

I would think that since we have 6 home games they will split it up into two three game packages, and then use the donor levels to allow the fans that purchased tickets to sign up for which one of the two they preferred.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
If I can't grill and shotgun beers in the parking lot before the game we might as well cancel the whole season. Damn Pollard think of the little people

• Funny
Reactions: cygrads

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron