Iowa and Nebraska only B1G schools to vote to play

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
No P5 conference wants to be the first to cancel the season, so the Big 10 is working with the Pac 12 to announce that both will cancelling their seasons. I would guess that they are also talking to the ACC, SEC and Big 12 and trying to find out what they are going to do.

To me the holdouts for cancelling seem to be the SEC and Big 12. I can see the SEC, but the Big 12 has to be looking at the number of cases in Texas and just saying "this idea of playing this fall, is just not going to happen."

Hate to do this but I'm now joining the SEC chants. Please have mercy.

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I live in Indiana. We have a mask mandate. More people wear masks in Ames than anywhere I have been in Indiana. I wear mine though.

Was in Minneapolis yesterday. People put their masks on to enter the store, then many would take them off once in. We wore ours until we got to our vehicle. Seen more consistent wearing in some small town gas stations.

Reactions: bozclone

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012

Nebraska football coach Scott Frost said Monday that the Cornhuskers are prepared to play this upcoming season -- even if it's outside the Big Ten.

"We're a proud member of the Big Ten," Frost said during a Zoom teleconference with reporters. "We want to play a Big Ten schedule. I think the only reason we would look at any other options is if for some reason the Big Ten wasn't playing and only a handful of teams from the Big Ten wanted to continue playing. I think if that's the case, I think we're prepared to look at any and all options."

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
I live in Indiana. We have a mask mandate. More people wear masks in Ames than anywhere I have been in Indiana. I wear mine though.

I stopped at a gas station between Grinnell and Iowa City on I 80. I wore a mask. The locals looked at me like I had two heads.

Reactions: bozclone

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I stopped at a gas station between Grinnell and Iowa City on I 80. I wore a mask. The locals looked at me like I had two heads.

I was in northern WI last week and a couple of towns I stopped in...I'm not even sure the news of a pandemic had gotten there just yet.

• Haha
Reactions: cycloneML

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
No P5 conference wants to be the first to cancel the season, so the Big 10 is working with the Pac 12 to announce that both will cancelling their seasons. I would guess that they are also talking to the ACC, SEC and Big 12 and trying to find out what they are going to do.

To me the holdouts for cancelling seem to be the SEC and Big 12. I can see the SEC, but the Big 12 has to be looking at the number of cases in Texas and just saying "this idea of playing this fall, is just not going to happen."
Cases per million people...

Texas - 17,800
Iowa - 15,500
Oklahoma - 11,100
Kansas - 10,900

United States Average - 15,800
Louisiana (Highest) - 28,300
Vermont (Lowest) - 2,300

So no, Texas really isn't too far out of the mean...I imagine that they want to play football.

• Informative
Reactions: Cloneon