The MAC cancels its fall football season

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
almost like those who live in their own bubble to begin with try to say how the rest of us should live.

Good one.

Kind of like your right to swing your fist ends at my face?

Kind of like how you are FORCED to wear a seat belt or have insurance or how to get a loan or what school district you are in or if you're required to be vaccinated to go to that school or the emission on your car or the drinking age or banning flavored smokes or having drug tests at work or how your food is inspected or how pretty much the entire country is touched by some type of government i intervention

By all means. Tell us all just how free you are and why you should put folks at risk. Lead off, cowboy.

I'm going to bed.

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
Did anyone else put their palm through their face when they got to this part?
he wanted to see his first great grandchild.. he knew the potential risks and still said he would rather see family then sit around at home by himself forever...

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
he wanted to see his first great grandchild.. he knew the potential risks and still said he would rather see family then sit around at home by himself forever...
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and just assume that you had the party outside and people tried to keep their distance, and maybe even wore masks. So since I'm assuming that, good job!

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
Good one.

Kind of like your right to swing your fist ends at my face?

Kind of like how you are FORCED to wear a seat belt or have insurance or how to get a loan or what school district you are in or if you're required to be vaccinated to go to that school or the emission on your car or the drinking age or banning flavored smokes or having drug tests at work or how your food is inspected or how pretty much the entire country is touched by some type of government i intervention

By all means. Tell us all just how free you are and why you should put folks at risk. Lead off, cowboy.

I'm going to bed.
and your right to decide what others do during the virus begin where??

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
and your right to decide what others do during the virus begin where??

Come on!! Do better!! Show us all how free you are!!!

No man can tell you how to live! No government can control you!!

....well....except for how government has a had in just about every other aspect of your life. But now! NOW! When we have a pandemic is when you go all 'Merica

We'll played. Now be sure to buckle up (government mandate) in your car with turn signals (government mandate) on a road with a government mandated speed limit....and don't forget your government issued license while you do it!

FREEDOM!!

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
so why hold out on sports when the risk is there no matter what?? how many times have you potentially been exposed without knowing it to begin with?? how many personally do you know that have been effected by it?

Covered this already, you just don’t understand that there are different levels of risk associated with different behaviors. That’s a real low bar to clear.

Hopefully there’s enough people out there who’ll figure it out so we can have Spring football.

Last edited:

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Come on!! Do better!! Show us all how free you are!!!

No man can tell you how to live! No government can control you!!

....well....except for how government has a had in just about every other aspect of your life. But now! NOW! When we have a pandemic is when you go all 'Merica

We'll played. Now be sure to buckle up (government mandate) in your car with turn signals (government mandate) on a road with a government mandated speed limit....and don't forget your government issued license while you do it!

FREEDOM!!

"Buckle up...........it's the LAW"

You need to brush up on the difference between laws and "mandates" and why it's better to live under one and not the other. Until then.........scream louder.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
So you are an infectious disease expert?

Are you? If masks....along with distance....along with crowd control were the answer......we wouldn't be having this debate. Teachers wouldn't be submitting their obituaries, and half the country wouldn't be grabbing their ankles screaming........."MANDATE ME"!

IcSyUclone

Mar 20, 2020
Are you? If masks....along with distance....along with crowd control were the answer......we wouldn't be having this debate. Teachers wouldn't be submitting their obituaries, and half the country wouldn't be grabbing their ankles screaming........."MANDATE ME"!
Except masks and social distancing are the answer. America being too stupid to do the minimum is the reason we can't have football.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Vast Majority of people seem to be hyper vigilent about what is going on. When i go out i see a heck of a lot of people wearing masks and trying to keep distance.

In the past 3-4 months I've not seen or been around anyone in any store that has coughed or sneezed. I havent heard a person sneeze or cough in literally 6 months. I just noticed it few months ago and I try to pay attn when I'm out of anyone that might be sneezing or coughing. Zip..ZERO...NADA.

When it is FLU and COld season in the winter you can go out and go to the grocery store and see and hear people sneezing and coughing all the time. Maybe i'm an aberration idk.

Look at the stats nationally and when we hit our peak....Kinda coincides with all the mass protests..IT doesnt kind of...it is the reason for the highest spike in this country. Thousands and thousands in the streets day after day after day...yelling, screaming not social distancing etc.

IcSyUclone

Mar 20, 2020
Except masks and social distancing are the answer. America being too stupid to do the minimum is the reason we can't have football.
Actually posting the example of doing everything right might not have been the best point. Here's one showing even minimal inconveniences or interruptions can greatly reduce the spread.

IcSyUclone

Mar 20, 2020
Vast Majority of people seem to be hyper vigilent about what is going on. When i go out i see a heck of a lot of people wearing masks and trying to keep distance.

In the past 3-4 months I've not seen or been around anyone in any store that has coughed or sneezed. I havent heard a person sneeze or cough in literally 6 months. I just noticed it few months ago and I try to pay attn when I'm out of anyone that might be sneezing or coughing. Zip..ZERO...NADA.

When it is FLU and COld season in the winter you can go out and go to the grocery store and see and hear people sneezing and coughing all the time. Maybe i'm an aberration idk.

Look at the stats nationally and when we hit our peak....Kinda coincides with all the mass protests..IT doesnt kind of...it is the reason for the highest spike in this country. Thousands and thousands in the streets day after day after day...yelling, screaming not social distancing etc.
It's there a point here?

Dr.bannedman

liberal
Aug 21, 2012
that island napoleon got sent to
Still haven’t seen any data on US having higher rates of pre-existing conditions and or greater rates of the disorders impacted most my COVID than EU or other areas. Face it USA is fat and generally unhealthy. We need to take MORE caution than others.

• Agree
Reactions: Cy$