Iowa Football Recruiting

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Has anybody noticed how Hawk trolls like Gonz will cite “all this young talent” at TE for Iowa, but in the same breath claim Iowa has better WRs than ISU? The ISU WR room has guys will better offer sheets and ratings than those Iowa TEs, but also has guys like Milton and Shaw who have actually done something on the field.

I said Iowa's WRs are better than ISU's?

Last edited:

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Chuck Long was a bust so we're basically talking about 35 years of system QBs. I'll stand by while you work on your list to contradict that statement.

Yeah I said Stanley was the latest in a long line of Iowa's starting QBs who've been taken in the NFL draft... 4 out of our last 5 starters. Nothing untrue about that.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Yeah I said Stanley was the latest in a long line of Iowa's starting QBs who've been taken in the NFL draft... 4 out of our last 5 starters. Nothing untrue about that.

You are seriously counting a guy who didn’t even get drafted out of Iowa. That is just sad.

Reactions: CyTwins

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

All I said was none of them going back to the mid 80s amounted to anything.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
I didn't say they did. Just that they did enough in college to get drafted as a QB into the NFL. Pretty impressive accomplishment foreee anyone.

So what are we arguing about? We agree you are bragging about a line of QBs that never found success in the NFL.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
So what are we arguing about? We agree you are bragging about a line of QBs that never found success in the NFL.

Yeah I don't know. Stanley was the topic and I just mentioned him being another Iowa starting QB drafted. Pretty cool accomplishment and something any program would be proud of.