NBA: **Cyclones in the NBA and G-League, 2019-2020

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Good or bad?
Niang got ISO'd vs. LeBron on the block. The King took him to the hole and got a reverse layup. No shame there - LeBron is a horrible mismatch for all but about 5 humans on the block.

Poor Georges has had to guard Zion and LeBron (with a sprinkling of Anthony Davis) in the last 2 games.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Utah played the Lakers tough but took the loss, 116-108. I got to watch the first half and I thought Georges looked better than in the first 2 bubble games. Since the first bubble scrimminage when I think he went 3-4 from 3pt, he's not sticking the three ball though and without Bogdanovic, the Jazz really need it.

Usually, he has played a solid shift late in the 1st quarter and early in the 2nd quarter. I noticed Quinn took him out in the 1st and he came back in the 2nd for two separate runs. He got a bucket in transition (with LeBron closing in for a block) and scored on a runner after putting the ball on the floor. At one point, he had 4 points and LeBron had 4;that tie didn't last long.

His final line: 18 MIN, 4 PTS, 2-5 FG, 0-3 3PT, 1 REB, 1 AST, 3 STL, 1 TO and -9.

Reactions: RedDog

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Good shot of Nader vs. the Nuggets' M. Porter Jr.
porter1307215839.jpg

Reactions: Doc

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Minivan camera: I found Georges' "highlights" from last night's game vs. the Lakers, with commentary in Spanish. This has the misses, fouls etc. all included. Nice drive and floater at about the 1:15 mark. He had a great fake and drive past A. Davis for an assist. He also nailed Alex Caruso with an elbow on a drive but, to be fair, a lot of guys have wanted to do that.

Last edited:

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Various Cyclones are in action today in Orlando but most aren't on national TV.

Utah plays Memphis at 2:30 ET - no national TV. Let's see if Georges can get his 3-pt mojo back. His % from 3 has dipped below 40% for the season.

Philly plays Washington on NBA TV (4 PM ET) but I expect Shayok won't see the court.

Denver plays San Antonio, also at 4 PM ET but it's not on national TV. I'll have to see what the status is for Barton, Harris and Murray but there's a good bet Monte will get a lot of PT.

Toronto plays Orlando at 8 PM ET but, of course, no national TV. At least in the USA.

The best shot to see one of our guys in action is Nader in the OKC vs. LA Lakers game on ESPN at 6:30 ET / 5:30 CT. You might even get to see Deonte Burton and THT on their respective benches.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I found Nader's highlights (all buckets) vs. the Lakers - 13 points. He's dangerous when he's knocking down the 3-ball because he could already get to the rim. A couple nice shots off the drive here:

Last edited:

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Here are Monte's plays (that resulted in stats) including some shocking turnovers that we're not used to seeing. This one shows some of the rust that he must've had having missed a few weeks in Orlando. Still ended with 13 pts:
]

All of Monte's scoring vs. OKC (17 pts in the 2nd half). Quick video:

Last edited:

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
5 teams with Cyclones dressed played in Orlando last night and all 5 won. THT did not dress for the Lakers and they lost. (Coincidence? Ok, probably). I'm glad some of you got to watch Monte, who has provided great depth for the Nuggets who are still missing Barton, Harris and Murray (Porter scoring 30 again is the big story it seems). The Nuggets put up 132 pts in a 6-pt win over San Antonio and Monte started again. His line: 35 MIN, 19 PT, 8-13, 1-4 FG, 2-2 FT, 2 REB, 4 AST, 1 STL and 0 TO.

All these minutes are pushing up Monte's scoring average for the year to close to 9 PPG.

Nader's OKC Thunder beat the Lakers (105-86) on ESPN; I have to check out that recording later. They're still missing Ferguson and Abdel is showing future NBA employers that he is a good piece to have on your bench. His line: 18 MIN, 7 PT, 2-5 FG, 1-3 3PT, 2-2 FT, 2 REB, 1 AST, 0 TO. He tied for the 8th-most minutes and was on in the 1st quarter so I think COY Donovan trusts him.

Burton got 2 MIN late in OKC's big win.

Niang is the one that I keep waiting for to have a more solid line in Orlando. The Jazz got a good 124-115 win over Memphis and Niang is still in the rotation but he's not knocking down 3's since the re-start. His line: 17 MIN, 3 PT, 1-5 3PT and 1 PF. Basketball writer are saying how bad the Jazz' bench has been so it wouldn't be strange for Utah to seek some reinforcements in the off-season.

The Raptors got another W, this time 109-99 over Orlando. Matt only got 1 MIN of PT this time.

Shayok dressed but got a DNP in the 76ers' win over Washington.

Last edited:

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Talen balling with Dion Waiters would be a surprise in a normal year, but it’s just par for the course 2020

I thought Talen looked like he belongs in the league tonight. Good for him. Still wish he would have come back and we’d have 2 lottery picks whenever the draft happens this year.

Reactions: I-stateTheTruth