All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Likely? Dude's a surefire top 11 pick, absolutely no way he sticks around for a senior year unless COVID screws up this season even more or cancels it altogether. Feel bad for the kid not being able to get the Iowa monkey off his back though. I can imagine he really wanted to take care of that for his coach as well. Good news is that converted guard sounds like the real deal for you guys at QB, so still a really good chance for Campbell.
If Purdy is a first round pick, he's for sure gone. No doubt about it. Who knows though. Guys could jump him on the draft boards even if Purdy has a good year. If he drops to the middle rounds, I could see him staying.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
If Purdy is a first round pick, he's for sure gone. No doubt about it. Who knows though. Guys could jump him on the draft boards even if Purdy has a good year. If he drops to the middle rounds, I could see him staying.

He's been projected to go at #11 overall. If he drops to the middle rounds that's quite a fall. He'd have to have a really bad season or show serious regression to go there.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
He's been projected to go at #11 overall. If he drops to the middle rounds that's quite a fall. He'd have to have a really bad season or show serious regression to go there.
I'm not biting on that one.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Likely? Dude's a surefire top 11 pick, absolutely no way he sticks around for a senior year unless COVID screws up this season even more or cancels it altogether. Feel bad for the kid not being able to get the Iowa monkey off his back though. I can imagine he really wanted to take care of that for his coach as well. Good news is that converted guard sounds like the real deal for you guys at QB, so still a really good chance for Campbell.

What converted guard are you talking about?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
There's a pretty sizable thread on here about Purdy being projected at #11 overall. It even says that in the thread title. I'm sure you've seen it. It's not like I'm making it up.

Do you think he's a top 11 pick? I want to know YOUR opinion.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Do you think he's a top 11 pick? I want to know YOUR opinion.

I don't. I think he's got some work to do to position himself that high. If he can clean some things up I could see late 1st or early 2nd being more realistic, but I'm no pro at this stuff.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
I don't. I think he's got some work to do to position himself that high. If he can clean some things up I could see late 1st or early 2nd being more realistic, but I'm no pro at this stuff.
He’d be a steal for someone if he fell to the middle rounds. Clones were about a 3 - 4 win team last year without him

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018

That is true. You thought Epenesa was a 1st round talent.

Reactions: CyTwins