Ticket insurance - would you buy it?

Is ticket insurance something you'd buy?

• Yes

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • No

Votes: 23 85.2%
  • Yes, but only on these terms (post details)

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
Just had a thought: If the AD offered "insurance" for season tickets, would you buy it? What would it take to persuade you to buy it?

I'm thinking something like you pay an extra $5/ticket. If the game gets canceled for any reason (i.e. COVID, or SDSU a few years ago) you get the face value of that game ticket reimbursed. Games don't get canceled that often so it seems like it would be self-funding pretty quickly. Once its fully self-funded, extra cash could be used for other projects/programs. Maybe if the game gets rescheduled you get the option of tickets to the rescheduled game, or ISU offers to buy the ticket back and put it up for public sale.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
I wouldn’t buy that. I use insurance to cover a cost that I couldn’t comfortably pay for myself, a ticket to a sporting event isn’t worth insuring - if it doesn’t happen, oh well, I’m out $60.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Wouldn’t we get a refund if a game was scheduled? I know we didn’t a few years ago but that game was replaced?

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
Wouldn’t we get a refund if a game was scheduled? I know we didn’t a few years ago but that game was replaced?
I have no idea. I saw the article about the Big12 schedule on Facebook, and something like vacation insurance but for sporting events - for season ticket holders only - popped into my head. Maybe its a dumb idea. I'm okay with that, I'm sure there will be plenty more.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I don’t even have car insurance I’m not going to buy insurance for a football ticket.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I've already gotten assurances from the Ticket Office that if games are cancelled this year, I can get credit toward next year or even a refund if I insist.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Do we get credit for the ball state game since that was a home game and got cancelled?

I don't expect anything, I considered that a freebie when it happened. If we have five home games, I'm content with calling it even myself. Donation on the one game.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I doubt we watch a game in person this fall, so I expect my tickets will be pushed to next year, and they will ask for another donation then.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Every insurance policy ever written was sold with the idea that the insurance company is going to pay out less than they take in....... so no.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I doubt we watch a game in person this fall, so I expect my tickets will be pushed to next year, and they will ask for another donation then.

We just went ahead and rolled our money to 2021 a couple weeks ago. With the lack of Jr cyclone clubs passes this year it was going to make things way to difficult to juggle. Plus it just felt easier to rip the band aid of now....

EIClone

Nov 21, 2011
Solon
It all depends on the price of the ticket and how far I am traveling to attend the event. I don't usually buy it if the tickets are less expensive.

Its kind of like buying the extra maintenance coverage at the store for items. You don't cover a $100 TV for $15, but may choose to cover a $1500 stereo system for $30.

Help Support Us

Become a patron