Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Andrew Downs is on sports fanatics right now and the hype train for Iowa bball is full speed ahead. It's time to win a natty! This storied program is thiiiirsty
I honestly don't think some of these guys remember there are other teams bringing back guys. Like Illinois, who finished higher than them, and Wisconsin who finished higher than them. Not to mention MSU who will be real good again. Then you have Duke, UNC, KU, Virginia Gonzaga, Villanova, Kentucky and Baylor who will all be good again. Baylor's going to be the best team in the nation I think.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Andrew Downs is on sports fanatics right now and the hype train for Iowa bball is full speed ahead. It's time to win a natty! This storied program is thiiiirsty
Has a team ever won the National Title after 21 straight years of failing to make it to the second weekend?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I honestly don't think some of these guys remember there are other teams bringing back guys. Like Illinois, who finished higher than them, and Wisconsin who finished higher than them. Not to mention MSU who will be real good again. Then you have Duke, UNC, KU, Virginia Gonzaga, Villanova, Kentucky and Baylor who will all be good again. Baylor's going to be the best team in the nation I think.
You are right. Brad Underwood made the round of 32 in his first year as the coach at SFA, which is also the height of Fran's accomplishments in 25 years.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

It's SO cringeworthy that he calls his own son #55 instead of Luka. Like really creepy. But nobody with a brain thinks Frank isn't creepy..... and shady as hell.

I actually feel for Luka having an overbearing father like that.

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012
This will just make their failure all the more enjoyable. Mad Fran is going to feel the pressure and create a whole new level of memes.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
This will just make their failure all the more enjoyable. Mad Fran is going to feel the pressure and create a whole new level of memes.

Fran loses his mind and gets ejected in meaningless games.... just think what he would do if Iowa ever played in a meaningful game and things weren't going his way?

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012
Fran loses his mind and gets ejected in meaningless games.... just think what he would do if Iowa ever played in a meaningful game and things weren't going his way?
Exactly. It will be wildly entertaining. I would feel guilty being this ghoulish. But it is EIU...