Tough day for EIU hoops hopes

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
But.... but... but... why was there only more posts on the Iowa Football racism than the Fennelly/Moody lawsuit. GFY you moron!!

Fran called a referee a "Cheating Mother$ucker" and a "F#cking disgrace". Not all college basketball coaches in the state can say the same.

Really surprised you can see the screen to type with your inflated ego (blow up doll).

Also helps that he only has 1-2 AA players on his roster usually. Looks like Fran solves the problem by not getting any AA players on the team.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Congrats Iowa fans. Must've been a great feeling of relief. Hoping everything works out for Luka this year and for his future.
Agree. I wouldn't have been able to turn down that coin with uncertainty of being able to play.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
"We made the decision assuming there wouldn't be a season."

Well that doesn't make sense then. Stay in the draft, sign a contract and get paid to do nothing. If they don't want to sign a contract with the cancelled season, then you become a free agent to go wherever pays the best.

And if there's not an NBA season, there surely won't be a CBB season. So might as well get that contract and stay in IC for school.

Unless of course, he's not really good enough to get that NBA contract?

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Games changed....20 years ago he's a high first round pick.
I think he's picked 20 years ago, just unsure of where. That was era of Tim Duncan, Marcus Camby, etc for guys that match up with similar individual awards.
But yes, different eras now. I watched Rockets Bucks last night and Rockets beat Bucks, and I dont think there was anyone taller than 6-7 start for Houston.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Agree. I wouldn't have been able to turn down that coin with uncertainty of being able to play.
It was a very tough decision for Luka. Definitely would've been able to sign somewhere overseas but it seems as though he's locked in to only playing in the NBA.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
What Luka and Frank learned in a hurry was NBA teams don’t give guarantees in writing prior to the draft for undraftable or Late 2nd rd picks.. Especially a guarantee of making a roster spot..lol. 1st rd kids don’t get that.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Stop them from what?
Going to the semi finals in their conference tournament, getting better than a 7 seed in the NCAA tournament, and making the Sweet 16. Every single one of those things is something Fran hasn't done at Iowa.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I mean at least the Iowa fans who listen to Frank will know he's full of **** now
Bull ****. You know a large faction of that fan base ate that up and are taking it to social media. Turning down a $1 million dollar shoe contract to return to Iowa to hopefully play basketball this season is the most nonsensical BS I've heard since Kirkkk Ferentz last opened his mouth.