Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Interview is up on IHeartRadio. Cliff notes.

First came to light 1 year ago. Made changes with hats/earring and thought he made positive steps.

Asked question why he should be coach if he allowed this to happen for years. Skated around it. Said contacted former players after George Floyd. Created advisory committee.

Black coach brought up needing to change years back and KF’s thoughts. KF doesn’t doubt that the suggestions were made but they weren’t as straight forward as the conversation with athletics in June. LOL Said players and coaches may have been reluctant to come to them. Didn’t realize how important earring are to players. Little adjustments have been made. Seeing things through a different lens now.

What changes are you making In power structure to not allow coaches to have so much power. KF- Chris is a tremendous coach. Couldn’t bring him back because couldn’t see him being effective in weight room. Letting them on Twitter is a change. It’s all about education. Dress code. Inconsistencies with drug testing. Says there wasn’t any trends towards whites vs black. Pregame warmup/locker room music has changed.

Have you thought about stepping down. Nah, I asked coaches and players asking if he is part of problem. Hopes they weren’t being nice but got the right response. Stressful but enlightening few months. Constantly learning/growing.
It all starts with listening and he feels like he has done a good job with that throughout the years. LOL Proof is what gets done moving forward. Asked for them to challenge him.
This man is a piece of s***. Lol those are garbage statements. Also, can we all discuss the fact that Kirk has now mentioned numerous times that he believed Doyle should be gone because he wouldn't be able to be a good S&C coach due to these issues? He never said Doyle was in the wrong, Doyle should face consequences, or anything along those lines.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
This man is a piece of s***. Lol those are garbage statements. Also, can we all discuss the fact that Kirk has now mentioned numerous times that he believed Doyle should be gone because he wouldn't be able to be a good S&C coach due to these issues? He never said Doyle was in the wrong, Doyle should face consequences, or anything along those lines.

Yep, and actually to the contrary. He said he'll do great at his next job.

Unbelievable how someone can be so tone deaf.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Apparently BLM is behind all of this at Iowa.
That's been one of my favorite takes I've seen so far..

Yes, 58 year old white dude from Tipton, The Black Lives Matter organization contacted over 60 former and current black football players from the University of Iowa in order to disrupt their notorious football program.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
White guys interviewing a white guy about race issues. This is your America.
Kirk would not dare go on a show and get asked questions by a black man or woman. He'd get put into a pretzel.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
I thought Golic and Wingo’s questions were better than the Iowa media has been. Doesn’t take much but still.

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
If any of these 473 pages are a problem, then football players should stop accepting scholorships to the U of I.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Wonder if KKKaptain KKKirk will announce that he is retiring at the end of the season sometime during the season? Seems the guy has really aged over the last few months with this “racial bias/bullying” situation as it has taken a toll on him. Hard to reach an old dog new tricks.

He turns 65 tomorrow (Aug 1) so he will be eligible for Medicare. Probably hanging on for that as he couldn't afford insurance before that.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I thought Golic and Wingo’s questions were better than the Iowa media has been. Doesn’t take much but still.
The questions yesterday by the Iowa media were pretty dang good honestly. The local media was pretty unanimous in their decision to wait for the report to come out, and I think a lot of them were probably thinking that the report might conflict a lot of the allegations, however that was not the case.. The report actually confirmed most of the allegations, so the media then started to ask tougher questions, most of which Kirk did not answer.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Without their Superbowl how much focus will they have
I'm not a big Superbowl comment guy.. I just think it's a dumb argument to try and diminish the actual magnitude of the game on either side. "No, you care about it more."

Iowa and Iowa State are both missing a big game this season by not playing one another. It was likely going to be a top-25 matchup, and would've been great W's for either team's resumes.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
So Kirk was on Golic and Wingo this morning. Heard he sounded like a complete idiot. One of his quotes.. "I didn't know how important earrings were to players."

This guy might be the most tone deaf person I've ever met. Like, he's honestly stupid.

Kirk isn't stupid at all. Quite the opposite. He knows that his fanbase is your typical mouth breather from some dirtball dying Iowa small town that doesn't care what skin color someone has as long as he doesn't listen to rap, keeps it high and tight, doesn't have earrings, and doesn't use street slang. So therefore he's not racist.

And he knows that the media in the state of Iowa are just nobodies that have no aspiration of achieving more than getting some free food and tickets to Iowa-Wisconsin.

Last, he knows his boss is a ******* that will be out the door if KF is canned.

Just like the sexual assault cover up, he knows exactly what he's doing and saying. He's stumbling a little in these interviews because he's on a tightrope, but he's not dumb. He just knows those that listen to him largely are.

Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Kirk isn't stupid at all. Quite the opposite. He knows that his fanbase is your typical mouth breather from some dirtball dying Iowa small town that doesn't care what skin color someone has as long as he doesn't listen to rap, keeps it high and tight, doesn't have earrings, and doesn't use street slang. So therefore he's not racist.

And he knows that the media in the state of Iowa are just nobodies that have no aspiration of achieving more than getting some free food and tickets to Iowa-Wisconsin.

Last, he knows his boss is a ******* that will be out the door if KF is canned.

Just like the sexual assault cover up, he knows exactly what he's doing and saying. He's stumbling a little in these interviews because he's on a tightrope, but he's not dumb. He just knows those that listen to him largely are.
Yeah I guess I can agree with that. He's pandering to his side. Trying to act innocent and even coming off as the victim. There are some Iowa fans that have honestly said they feel bad for Kirk during this time.

Idk, I just can't get past how crazy it is that Iowa fans don't see through this guy's schtick. He's playing everyone.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Kirk is an absolutely awful human being

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
If any of these 473 pages are a problem, then football players should stop accepting scholorships to the U of I.

Well that's currently happening. They're losing their 5th top recruit they would have gotten before this happen to Texas soon

Reactions: aauummm

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Kirk is an absolutely awful human being
Anyone that thinks critically can understand that Kirk has essentially used other guys to be the bad guy for him so he doesn't get looked at negatively by his players or anyone within the athletic administration. Only simpletons believe that Kirk wasn't involved with any of this.

Ozclone

Dec 12, 2009
I think that iowa fans are being pretty short-sighted in supporting the current staff. By not actively addressing the issue, iowa has just handed every team they are recruiting against a golden ticket when recruiting a black player or even white players who have a social conscience. The culture will just spiral down as they only get kids who are ok with going to a program that is not only racist, but that has doubled down by not doing anything when it was brought to light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron