Money in the Bank?

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I'm thinking that we should hear something soon. And not only because it would be a boost to momentum in recruiting. At least through a portion of the weekend, TheCity seemed quite excited, so I expect that they are all back home mulling over Money's options. He has to be the one to make the choice, after all.

Of course, that also means that the internet recruiting gurus will be pestering them for information, so we'll see. Hopefully TheCity will resurface soon. Of course, in Iowa, we know all about Cities being flooded. :wink:

scottie33

Nov 25, 2006
Ames, Iowa
I'm thinking that we should hear something soon. And not only because it would be a boost to momentum in recruiting. At least through a portion of the weekend, TheCity seemed quite excited, so I expect that they are all back home mulling over Money's options. He has to be the one to make the choice, after all.

Of course, that also means that the internet recruiting gurus will be pestering them for information, so we'll see. Hopefully TheCity will resurface soon. Of course, in Iowa, we know all about Cities being flooded. :wink:

Do you ever read any other threads on here? From the no-one posts about a basketball win on Sunday to this? Been threads about it and everything else

Reactions: Angie

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Maybe the two of them were caught screwing with fans of colleges and were suspended for it...

Reactions: ISUFan22

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Do you ever read any other threads on here? From the no-one posts about a basketball win on Sunday to this? Been threads about it and everything else

You kinda miss that whole "on topic" thing, don'tcha? :yes:

A post below talking about the suspension of both Money and his brother for team rules violations.

Yeah, so? That's not talking about the visit, and whether he's committing, now, is it? I figure that, being so old, it's entirely irrelevant. Money wouldn't have visited if Chizik had significant problems with whatever occurred I think that's pretty obvious. So why dwell on the negative?

Frankly, from what I can tell. Money and the entire family were excited about the visit. I'm just hoping that Ames (and a good Church) met his mother's approval. Some of you might remember that Money's parents are copastors of a Church, after all.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Maybe the two of them were caught screwing with fans of colleges and were suspended for it...

Well, I suppose we could instead have had someone who wasn't impressed with the enthusiasm of ISU fans--and had remained completely silent, and not shared anything at all with us. Maybe you would have preferred being blissfully ignorant. :skeptical:

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
It looks like Money was suspended on November 1, almost 2 full weeks before his visit to ISU. This board has followed the kid very closely -- truthfully did anyone (other than The City obv) know anything about his being suspended? I wonder if Chizik and staff just found out about it this weekend?

I hate to say it but this is a huge red flag. It's only natural to look at JUCO's very closely to begin with and Chizik hasn't shown that he's one to take chances on any players who are marginal academically or discipline-wise. If there isn't a quick and clear resolution to this we can probably forget about Money playing for ISU next year.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I completely agree but that's pretty much impossible for some on this board. They tend to live for it.
I can't wait to hear what the truth is.

TheCity could clear things up.

33 when do you suspect we will learn the 'truth'?

Istate

Jul 15, 2008

Here's the truth. This young man has no other college offers; yet, we at cyclone fanatic think he's the most talented kid to come out of the Juco ranks in history. Where's the disconnect?

I hope he comes and makes a contribution to the team; however, I'm going to keep my excitement on players that aren't so shrouded in mystery like Blank or Mosby or Lenz.

Good luck to the young man wherever he ends up.

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
Here's the truth. This young man has no other college offers; yet, we at cyclone fanatic think he's the most talented kid to come out of the Juco ranks in history. Where's the disconnect?

I hope he comes and makes a contribution to the team; however, I'm going to keep my excitement on players that aren't so shrouded in mystery like Blank or Mosby or Lenz.

Good luck to the young man wherever he ends up.

I don't recall anyone on here saying we get Money and we win the Big 12 title...

And as with anyone here, we don't want anything to do with the personnel that our friends to the East have been recruiting and paying for with arrest after arrest after arrest - OH YEAH dont forget the rape cover up by the Head Coach!!!!

But, we can't sit here and judge anything about this kid because he was suspended - unless of course you know why.....

It could be so many things, some would be a red flag, others okay he's also a young man, maybe he skipped a class or two - whatever.....

I feel 100% confident that if Coach Chizik knows of the situation, and its a red flag, he will not bring him into the fold. Its one thing to be losing games, but, start tarnishing the schools PR by getting kids in here that get arrested and you can punch your FIRED card right away.

We need good athletes and representatives of our school - if our coach thinks that Darius is that guy, then he will not hesitate to offer the schollie.
Until he proves otherwise, i will take Chiz's reputation for bringing in good kids with talent. Unless your taking over a team loaded with talent, it takes time and good athletes. Darius is definitely a good if not great athlete, if he can help our passing game from the dink and dunk to a deep threat offense, everyone will be pleased with the improvement with our running game. Its simple, got to keep the defense honest, and when our deepest pass pattern is 7 yards, those safeties become really close to the line of scrimmage.

Money, cant wait to see you in Cardinal and Gold - oh and tell McFarland to get creative with your abilities, no reason not to throw a couple of times on reverses!!!!!

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.

The disconnect is that you don't know that this is the "truth". What you know is that various internet webistes, which are by definition notoriously unreliabe, don't list him with any offers--including us.

Duh. :confused:

Guess where those websites get their info on offers. From the players. Again, duh. And if a player chooses not to divulge their offers, well, guess what gets posted. You're jumping to a conclusion with no evidence whatsoever as to it's validity.

Oh yeah--and you're also not only basing your whole agument on that ne point, but vastly exagerating how good everyone here thinks Money is.

As a matter of fact, no one here has yet compared him to Stephon Curry. :wink:

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
I cant believe people buy into rivals and scouts offers lists so much. If a kid says he is offered by Oklahoma, they will put it up there.. remember the kid that threw the whole committment LOI day to committ to the Cal Bears and then, wasnt even legit. Darius has other offers.
From what I know, the reason for the suspension is not a real good one.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I cant believe people buy into rivals and scouts offers lists so much. If a kid says he is offered by Oklahoma, they will put it up there.. remember the kid that threw the whole committment LOI day to committ to the Cal Bears and then, wasnt even legit. Darius has other offers.

Exactly. These services don't get their info from the coaches, because that would be against NCAA rules. Any Joe Schmoe can tell them about an offer and they will post it up because it gets hits and sells subscriptions.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
It's worth it to sign this Money guy just to get his brother on board here....both guys will make great Cyclones!

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008

With all due respect to TheCity, he is not an unbiased source and cannot clear things up. There is a pretty decent chance that we will never hear another word about this (or money) again and will never know the truth.

Chizik has shown he is a coach who will not take chances when recruiting players, we just have to trust that he will make the right decision for ISU.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron