Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
Any update on when Ms. Phelps' book is going to be released?

Also, I see RTG posted a few times on Facebook today and each post got a couple likes.

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
I guess one positive if the season is cancelled Iowa will have plenty of time to work out their racist ways with the staff.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Also, I see RTG posted a few times on Facebook today and each post got a couple likes.

Dude you said you would not support Kirk if he didn't fire Brian and Wallace yet here you are defending him

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
ESPN with an update, "An external review of Iowa's football program found an environment where many Black players felt bullied and demeaned, and recommended that coach Kirk Ferentz and athletic director Gary Barta take steps to improve the culture."

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...ds-racial-bias-bullying-iowa-football-program

The Iowa media:

"An external review found the Kirk Ferentz is the BEST. Black players should thank god they get to play for him."

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Psycho.

Why would you take it out on the team?

Wow, name calling now are we Richard? You don't get it do you? It the coaching staff that did all this not the player. Like I said, "Remember, the coaches put them in this situation environment". You can't tell me that no one is going to remember this so called racial bias, which are just sugar coated words for racism, come game time. If you do, you really need a MRI to see if you actually have a brain.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
Wow, name calling now are we Richard? You don't get it do you? It the coaching staff that did all this not the player. Like I said, "Remember, the coaches put them in this situation environment". You can't tell me that no one is going to remember this so called racial bias, which are just sugar coated words for racism, come game time. If you do, you really need a MRI to see if you actually have a brain.

You said you hope crowds at away games ridicule the crap out of the the Iowa team, you didn't say ridicule the crap out of the Iowa coaches.

That's pretty crazy to wish for that to happen to college kids.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
If your boss's boss came up to you, a couple weeks before your review, and asked you to tell him every issue you had with your boss, would you tell him every detail? Or would you possibly think that maybe it is best to stay quiet.

Exactly. This must be a little too tough for our tavern hok friend Gonzo to grasp.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
You said you hope crowds at away games ridicule the crap out of the the Iowa team, you didn't say ridicule the crap out of the Iowa coaches.

That's pretty crazy to wish for that to happen to college kids.

I don’t really care what opposing fans do, but it’s a fact that KF will forever be known as a racist, and the Iowa program as racist too.

That won’t change. Look what people think of now when someone mentions Penn State or Baylor for example. Iowa and KF will forever be stained in people’s minds, right or wrong.

Cleaning house like Penn State and Baylor did might have helped some, but Iowa will never do that.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006

About as weird as forcing one of your guys to run around with a garbage can on his head, put up pictures of it in your office, and then yuk it up with your boss saying-- "Remember that one Kirk? Good times."

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I don’t really care what opposing fans do, but it’s a fact that KF will forever be known as a racist, and the Iowa program as racist too.

That won’t change. Look what people think of now when someone mentions Penn State or Baylor for example. Iowa and KF will forever be stained in people’s minds, right or wrong.

Cleaning house like Penn State and Baylor did might have helped some, but Iowa will never do that.
Yeah a negative out of all of this is that Iowa players will 100% receive ridicule for this.. It's not their fault either, but opposing fans will be bad towards the entire program.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

TP, (almost) every single one of us agreed that some of Akrum's story didn't line up completely. We said he should be listened to and his allegations were bad, but some of those allegations were combatted by evidence that proved them wrong, which led to his entire story being thrown out the window by most.

The report that came out today was not a win for Iowa. It showed there was racial bias, discrimination, and unfair treatment towards black players under Kirk Ferentz's culture. The report stated their were individuals more at fault than others (Doyle, Wallace, and BF). This report didn't discredit, disprove, or negate ANYTHING that has been stated over the past two months (outside of Kirk disputing Akrum's claims). All this did was put Iowa in the position to have to make a decision. A decision most of us knew the answer to. Which would be that no one is being held accountable.

This didn't go well contrary to their beliefs. It just proved what many of us have been talking about prior to this, which is that Iowa has an incompetent athletic department who will not take action against those who are supposed to be leaders. Barta is supposed to be a leader and he's a joke who doesn't hold anyone accountable. Kirk is supposed to be a leader and he allowed unchecked behaviors happen under his watch for years. Brian and Wallace are supposed to be leaders but their actions have been over the top inappropriate, discriminatory, and some would argue even racist.

Those guys are still a part of your program. And if you can look yourself in the mirror and be happy about that, boy, do you have some soul searching to do.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020

Did PSU and Baylor have thorough, independent reviews done that had the same outcome as Iowa's?

Status
Not open for further replies.