Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
There are SO many conflicting statements in this thing..

"Virtually all players spoke positively about their position coaches and the influence those coaches have had on their lives both personally and athletically.. YET numerous players described feeling unhappy and unwelcome, citing to a program culture that they perceive requires strict conformity and rigid adherence to the "mold" of an ideal player, a mold that MANY Black players felt they could never truly fit because it was built around the stereotype of a clean-cut, White athlete from a midwestern background. ADDITIONALLY, numerous current and former players and coaches OF ALL RACES described an environment in which a small number of coaches felt empowered to bully and demean athletes, ESPECIALLY BLACK ATHLETES."

That was the conclusion written? Seriously? One statement saying virtually all like their coaches.. and then two statements that completely contradict that first statement. Absolutely laughable.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Will the local media even cover this other than to say Kirky is doing a great job?

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
I still can’t get past Barta lying to investigators making a report where the results were supposed to go to him. Why lie if the report is supposedly for you? It is pretty clear that this report was intended to be a complete whitewash (pun very much intended) for the media, with no actual concern for the people involved.

ILikeCy

Dec 16, 2008
Omaha
There are SO many conflicting statements in this thing..

"Virtually all players spoke positively about their position coaches and the influence those coaches have had on their lives both personally and athletically.. YET numerous players described feeling unhappy and unwelcome, citing to a program culture that they perceive requires strict conformity and rigid adherence to the "mold" of an ideal player, a mold that MANY Black players felt they could never truly fit because it was built around the stereotype of a clean-cut, White athlete from a midwestern background. ADDITIONALLY, numerous current and former players and coaches OF ALL RACES described an environment in which a small number of coaches felt empowered to bully and demean athletes, ESPECIALLY BLACK ATHLETES."

That was the conclusion written? Seriously? One statement saying virtually all like their coaches.. and then two statements that completely contradict that first statement. Absolutely laughable.
Actually, this just supports the narrative that it was a Doyle problem. They're saying position coaches are just fine, but elsewhere in the program there were problems (Doyle). But that responsibility for the problem should extend to KF, in my opinion, as well.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Actually, this just supports the narrative that it was a Doyle problem. They're saying position coaches are just fine, but elsewhere in the program there were problems (Doyle). But that responsibility for the problem should extend to KF, in my opinion, as well.
But it states that there were a small number of coaches who were demeaning towards black athletes, so probably Doyle, Brian, and Seth Wallace.

NenoFone

Feb 12, 2013
WDM
Regarding national media; the NBA starts today, the NHL starts Saturday, and the Astros and Dodgers are fighting (kind of). Doubt this story gets much, if any coverage.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Where can the press conference be watched?

Let me save you the time.

SID: We will now open up for questions. Chad would you like to start?

Chad: Kirk, thank you so much for doing this press conference. You have now opened your program up for review and transparency more than any other coach has ever. Going forward how do you plan on helping other coaches be leaders and innovators in the ways of racial inclusion like you are displaying?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Tyler Barnes with the first statement from an Iowa staff member following this review.

Reactions: CyTwins

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
But it states that there were a small number of coaches who were demeaning towards black athletes, so probably Doyle, Brian, and Seth Wallace.
Four reports on employee behavior were sent to Human Resources.

FarmClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 3, 2009
Does anyone else think it's odd they are doing the presser at 1? Which just so happens to be when KXNO doesn't have a local show on, coincidence?

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
When you know the outcome of an investigation before it actually happens it means it's not much of an investigation.

I'm over the whole thing. Keep the whole damn lot of them. I don't care. At least the program and the people who support it have been exposed for what they are.

I have, since the Baylor scandal, always looked at people who wear Baylor clothes and thought-- wow, how can you support that knowing what you know. Same for Penn State and Michigan State. And I'm sure I'm not the only one, it's a stain on the reputation of the school and the fans that support it. It's no different now for Iowa. If you chose to show up and support it, go for it. At least it's out there now what you stand for.

Status
Not open for further replies.