• Cool

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • Ok

Votes: 38 77.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
They know that they need to be in a league this year or they literally wouldn't have a "full" (by 2020 standards) schedule compared to the P5 teams. The ACC had the leverage to get them to join permanently but caved. ND is my 2nd college team and I'm even saying that.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Perfect fit for both. The ACC sucks and needs added strength. ND needs games guaranteed this year if it happens and these games won’t be any too tough and allow them to have a great record. Win-win

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
I would guess that this happens. I would also guess that if they did get to the ACC championship game, there is gonna be some very pi***d ACC members.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Kind of wish the Big 12 would do this with BYU and Boise St for this year if they end up going conference only, but I'm guessing that wont happen.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Kind of wish the Big 12 would do this with BYU and Boise St for this year if they end up going conference only, but I'm guessing that wont happen.

No thanks to BYU, the Big12 doesn't need the headache.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Kind of wish the Big 12 would do this with BYU and Boise St for this year
tenor.gif

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
They'll probably find a way to avoid playing Clemson till the ACC championship, but if they do, I hope Clemson eviscerates them

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
ACC ratings are going to go up for sure now. Notre Dame will go back to Independent status next year for sure and keep the 5 ACC games.

83Clone

Apr 27, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I just don't get why so many people care about Notre Dame. If schools would just quit caving to the payday they get from playing them, they would be forced to join a conference. Until that happens, they will pull the strings.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
No thanks to BYU, the Big12 doesn't need the headache.
Since they don't play CFB on Sundays, they wouldn't be a headache for just one season as a member if the revised B12 scheduling model is conference only games and you want more than 9 games.

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I just don't get why so many people care about Notre Dame. If schools would just quit caving to the payday they get from playing them, they would be forced to join a conference. Until that happens, they will pull the strings.

Plus, don’t they get a seat at the table by themselves when others schools are represented by their conferences?

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.

Same reason the Yankees and Red Sox are on ESPN every other night. Ratings. Plus, Notre Dame has been pretty good lately.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Don't know why the ACC would allow Notre dame to come possibly take the championship and walk away. Basically devaluing that league even further.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Don't know why the ACC would allow Notre dame to come possibly take the championship and walk away. Basically devaluing that league even further.

The ACC hopes that IF ND ever does or is forced to join a conference that it is the one that they will be joining. Does anyone really think that ND will beat Clemson if they meet in the ACC championship game? Sure it could happen, and if it did, then the ACC would be working to get 2 teams into the playoff.

Little risk/high reward for the ACC.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
[The ACC is in shambles, programs like Miami, Va Tech and Free Shoes are shadows of their former selves. Clemson has totally dominated. They league NEEDS a ND like presence, even if just for a year. The ugly truth for them though, is that since the partnership with the ACC, ND has manhandled that league. It's no coincidence that ND's recent emergence coincided with half their schedule being filled with ACC teams. They just aren't playing good football in that league. They are desperate for another contender, they can't bend over fast enough for ND and I don't blame them.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
The ACC hopes that IF ND ever does or is forced to join a conference that it is the one that they will be joining. Does anyone really think that ND will beat Clemson if they meet in the ACC championship game? Sure it could happen, and if it did, then the ACC would be working to get 2 teams into the playoff.

Little risk/high reward for the ACC.

Not sure that strategy would work as losers of championship games have NEVER gone to the playoff that I can remember.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
They'll probably find a way to avoid playing Clemson till the ACC championship, but if they do, I hope Clemson eviscerates them

They already have Clemson on the schedule. In South Bend in November (rare cold weather game for the Tigers). Should be interesting.