Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I like Andy but yeah this is simply a bad take.

Canceling Kirk would be if they found a tweet of his 12 years ago where he didn't say something PC.

Canceling is trying to sideline Gary Dolphin for complimenting a black player.

Wonder if Andy would say those comments in front of the 50+ players that have come forward this summer.

Reactions: ImJustKCClone

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Cancel culture is probably not quite appropriate for this situation.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018

cyclonestate

May 4, 2009
Interesting that the law firm hired to do the "independent" investigation hasn't bothered to even contact DJK.

Last edited:

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Front page on ESPN this morning:

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...black-players-speak-program-racial-inequities

OK lets wait and see when the Hawk troll denials start rolling in.....
That last line is incredibly telling and sad.

"A lot of former Iowa players say they had different experiences, but I can say that the majority of the Black athletes were treated different than their white teammates," said former Iowa cornerback Michael Ojemudia, who was drafted by the Denver Broncos in April. "Don't get me wrong, the University of Iowa presented me the best opportunity to make it to the NFL. Just, throughout the journey, you gotta ask yourself: How much of my identity am I willing to sacrifice?"

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Yeah, I am genuinely excited to hear how they will explain how Ferentz wasn’t lying when he said no players had brought issues up to him in the past when McNutt explicitly says that isn’t true.

Of course he's lying.

Just a little reality bending going on is all.

GingerNinja

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2012
Omaha
How can Iowa try to dispute DJK's accounts of stuff when ESPN reviewed the messages and emails as proof? These guys are just swimming in their lies at this point, and they deserve everything that's coming and probably a lot more.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
That last line is incredibly telling and sad.

"A lot of former Iowa players say they had different experiences, but I can say that the majority of the Black athletes were treated different than their white teammates," said former Iowa cornerback Michael Ojemudia, who was drafted by the Denver Broncos in April. "Don't get me wrong, the University of Iowa presented me the best opportunity to make it to the NFL. Just, throughout the journey, you gotta ask yourself: How much of my identity am I willing to sacrifice?"
Is that the first time Ojemudia has commented? I honestly think it was.. ESPN must've reached out to him.

That article was pretty thorough.. ESPN and other national media don't seem like they're dropping this story anytime soon, which would be the opposite of our local media who are now attributing this situation as "cancel culture".

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Is that the first time Ojemudia has commented? I honestly think it was.. ESPN must've reached out to him.

That article was pretty thorough.. ESPN and other national media don't seem like they're dropping this story anytime soon, which would be the opposite of our local media who are now attributing this situation as "cancel culture".
I believe that it is.

Isn't it ironic that Andy Fales goes on a "cancel culture" rant about Ferentz last night, and then ESPN drops this super well presented piece about how he and his staff have essentially tried to cancel black players' culture within the football program? I was always pretty neutral with Fales until about 2 months ago. Now, he looks like nothing more than a Ferentz nut-hanger.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
These are interesting comments about being constrained from telling recruits the truth on how they are treated.

McNutt recalled how when Black recruits visited Iowa City, they would meet with a panel of Black players and ask them questions, such as where they would get haircuts or where they would hang out on a mostly white campus. Lomax said any issues Black players had with the program were only shared with close teammates -- after they got to campus.

"I just told [recruits], 'Look, it's a different culture, a different environment here,'" Lomax explained on the same podcast. "But of course I'm not going to go into a lot of detail because I don't want [people to say], 'Lo's out here discouraging recruits to come to Iowa.' It's that weird dynamic here, where it's like, can you really be vulnerable? Can you tell the truth? It's tough. I'm telling recruits, 'I have my guys, I love being here with them. Now, do we have to deal with some other stuff when we go into the football complex?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I believe that it is.

Isn't it ironic that Andy Fales goes on a "cancel culture" rant about Ferentz last night, and then ESPN drops this super well presented piece about how he and his staff have essentially tried to cancel black players' culture within the football program? I was always pretty neutral with Fales until about 2 months ago. Now, he looks like nothing more than a Ferentz nut-hanger.
Yeah that was an absolute joke of a take. Imagine writing up that spiel, doing a segment on it, and then ESPN puts out long detailed story that's currently on the front page of their website. Demoralizing.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I believe that it is.

And I don't get it. The Iowa AD are about as bad as it gets for accessibility, its not like they've been accommodating to WHO or KXNO over the years.

stender

Jan 26, 2020
Making a comparison to Ebenezer Scrooge? I couldn't believe what I heard.

The article is pretty damning. How much more does U of I need to know to clean house? I know they are waiting on findings of the independent" review, but I think we all know U of I will do whatever they can to sweep this under the rug.

The blind loyalty of Hawk fans + especially the local media is disgusting.

clone136

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2006
Des Moines
I usually like Andy and Im not even sure former players want KF gone but this was a terrible take. It was essentially let Kirk stay around to make Iowa's white fans feel ok about a kids wearing a hoodie.

What. A. Joke.

He's so much better than that and should be ashamed of himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.