Money suspended?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Very interesting. Although as long as it was a team policy and not an ncaa policy it should not hurt his recruitment or eligibility here.

mplscyclone

Jul 8, 2008
Ames, IA
Very interesting. Although as long as it was a team policy and not an ncaa policy it should not hurt his recruitment or eligibility here.

It depends on what the rule is. I don't want to pass judgement but if it was something particularly bad, then I could see coaches wanting to stay away from that as they want to bring in high class individuals when possible.

Not saying anything about Money as I don't know the situation, but perhaps this is part of the reason there's a snag in his commitment..

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
I could see this as a benefit to ISU, provide the coaches are willing to look past whatever transgression took place.

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
Man thats too bad...hate to hear stuff like this but I have faith in Chizik and it certainly seems like Money comes from a good family so that has to make you feel better.

Interesting that he talked about his (I'm assuming) younger brother...wonder what kind of talent he is?

Last edited:

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
TheCity comment on that board:
Still here,
biggrin.gif
, we are sitting here in the dark with many questions and very few answers. But life does go on and things will only get better from here.

I won't comment on the truth of the situation, I'll just say that its not a fair judgement.

But Good Luck to coach and the team and we thank you for all you've done for our family!!! Once a Tiger always a Tiger...

It would be interesting to find out what really happened.

Last edited:

CLONE2THEBONE

Aug 4, 2006
This story is 13 days old. Any new info?

Has he been playing at all? Did The City bring this up at all? I didn't read all the threads, but I assumed he was in good standing on his team. Is this a multiple week suspension?

Is this why no one else has offered?

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I won't judge anything from some rumors. I'll let Gene figure everything out.
It doesn't seem to be a rumor, rather a reported/verified story from the Fresno Bee.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
Prominent players normally aren't suspended for the rest of the season for something small, but we'll see.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
Has he been playing at all? Did The City bring this up at all? I didn't read all the threads, but I assumed he was in good standing on his team. Is this a multiple week suspension?

Is this why no one else has offered?

It says in both links they were suspended for the rest of the season. Wonder it the suspension is why we were going to hear on him coming to ISU and then all the sudden, something happened and the decision would be made later on.

CLONE2THEBONE

Aug 4, 2006
The City has been a continued resource on all things $$.

It would seem he could easily clear this up.

What the hell do you have to do to get suspended for the rest of the season at a JUCO?