NBA: **Cyclones in the NBA and G-League, 2019-2020

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
The next tweet alluded to there were players in addition to Jokic who aren’t there yet. Anyone see evidence that Monte is there?

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
The next tweet alluded to there were players in addition to Jokic who aren’t there yet. Anyone see evidence that Monte is there?

is jokic having issues getting over here from Europe again, or what is the hold up?

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I don't know what the deal is with Monte, but we know Abdel Nader is in the bubble:

And I spotted DB30 in the background of another tweet.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016

I hadn't thought of this but it looks like Monte still might have to quarantine after he's cleared to enter the bubble. That isn't great for prepping for the re-start. Although if Gary Harris is further delayed, some more minutes could be available:

Even if all of the Nuggets’ missing players eventually arrive at Disney, they’ll have to go through a brief quarantine period before being cleared to participate in practices, so they could have a very abridged ramp-up period — Denver’s season is set to resume on August 1, just 19 days from now.

Link: https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/07/nuggets-missing-multiple-players-in-orlando.html

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Finally, some info. Good find

Also, I'm no doctor but this doesn't look like a word "asymptotic." .
I hadn't thought of this but it looks like Monte still might have to quarantine after he's cleared to enter the bubble. That isn't great for prepping for the re-start. Although if Gary Harris is further delayed, some more minutes could be available:

Even if all of the Nuggets’ missing players eventually arrive at Disney, they’ll have to go through a brief quarantine period before being cleared to participate in practices, so they could have a very abridged ramp-up period — Denver’s season is set to resume on August 1, just 19 days from now.

Link: https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/07/nuggets-missing-multiple-players-in-orlando.html

It drives me nuts that they didn't specify how long the quarantine period is.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Well, the issue about Monte's b-day party seems to be the reason for his delay into the bubble. Some bad press for Monte here from denverstiffs.com:

Nikola is certainly not the only player who has displayed his immaturity this season, and his transgressions are also not nearly the most egregious. That’s a competition between Jamal Murray, Monte Morris and Michael Porter Jr. I’m not going into the details on what Jamal did; you probably know exactly what I’m talking about. It was an incredible example of poor judgement in the moment and one that can have much more drastic and far reaching consequences than just a basketball game, particularly for the other person involved. Even within the confines of basketball it was a distraction and it cast a negative light on the organization. In most cases it would be impossible to top Jamal’s gaffe this year, but Morris and MPJ were up for the challenge and this time it was outright dangerous.

(video and tweet appear here. Click on link below to check it out. The article continues)

Now, let’s put important context to this right away. According to Woj the Nuggets practice facility was shut down on Saturday June 27th, resident boxer Adrien Broner’s instagram video above wasn’t posted until Sunday. I’m going to give Monte and MPJ the benefit of the doubt here. I’m going to assume they were innocently unaware of why, or even if, their practice facility was shut down. That’s the assumption we have to make because anything else is speculation and that speculation can lead you to a very dark and unforgivable place very quickly.

Even with those assumptions though, holding a birthday party inside an apartment with dozens of people and not a single mask or effort to social distance in site is in immature. It’s more than that in fact. It’s reckless, it’s selfish, and frankly it’s life threatening, and they did it just days before the most complicated travel arrangements of their lives. Currently, neither MPJ nor Monte (along with a handful of other players) are in Orlando, and the reasons for that are both undisclosed and surmisable.

Once again, the immaturity of Denver’s players has brought negative impacts upon them and the organization.

(Note to reckless people: if you're going to be reckless, do so without people posting about it).

I can't paste a copy of the video that shows the people at the party so here's a link to the whole article:

https://www.denverstiffs.com/2020/7...yoffs-oraldno-coronavirus-disney-world-bubble

0u812

Jan 14, 2012
lol @ the level of insanity in the world right now.....cant have a ****** party due to a virus that has a mortality rate less than rabies right now....

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
lol @ the level of insanity in the world right now.....cant have a ****** party due to a virus that has a mortality rate less than rabies right now....
Yeah, you can make that argument. But I live in a state with 15,000 dead from COVID so I see the other side, too. The tricky thing is how easily transmissible it is, it seems to me. You get it and before you know it, it's "goodbye, Grandma".

I would argue that in the current state (unjustified hysteria or not), it wasn't wise for a couple NBA players to put themselves in a situation that led to reduced practice time for their team - facility shut down - and a delay to their joining the team in Orlando. At their level of pay, you don't want to be put into a state of competitive disadvantage.

Hopefully, Monte and company will be cleared quickly, the Nuggets will play well and it won't affect his standing with Coach Malone.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Can't wait until our guys get back in NBA action. Until then, it's just grinding in the bubble. Except for Monte, it seems.

I THINK that's Deonte under the mask in the back:

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Do 130,000+ people die in the U.S. from rabies in a six month span?

What a stupid comparison.

• Optimistic
Reactions: 0u812

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Well, the issue about Monte's b-day party seems to be the reason for his delay into the bubble. Some bad press for Monte here from denverstiffs.com:

Nikola is certainly not the only player who has displayed his immaturity this season, and his transgressions are also not nearly the most egregious. That’s a competition between Jamal Murray, Monte Morris and Michael Porter Jr. I’m not going into the details on what Jamal did; you probably know exactly what I’m talking about. It was an incredible example of poor judgement in the moment and one that can have much more drastic and far reaching consequences than just a basketball game, particularly for the other person involved. Even within the confines of basketball it was a distraction and it cast a negative light on the organization. In most cases it would be impossible to top Jamal’s gaffe this year, but Morris and MPJ were up for the challenge and this time it was outright dangerous.

(video and tweet appear here. Click on link below to check it out. The article continues)

Now, let’s put important context to this right away. According to Woj the Nuggets practice facility was shut down on Saturday June 27th, resident boxer Adrien Broner’s instagram video above wasn’t posted until Sunday. I’m going to give Monte and MPJ the benefit of the doubt here. I’m going to assume they were innocently unaware of why, or even if, their practice facility was shut down. That’s the assumption we have to make because anything else is speculation and that speculation can lead you to a very dark and unforgivable place very quickly.

Even with those assumptions though, holding a birthday party inside an apartment with dozens of people and not a single mask or effort to social distance in site is in immature. It’s more than that in fact. It’s reckless, it’s selfish, and frankly it’s life threatening, and they did it just days before the most complicated travel arrangements of their lives. Currently, neither MPJ nor Monte (along with a handful of other players) are in Orlando, and the reasons for that are both undisclosed and surmisable.

Once again, the immaturity of Denver’s players has brought negative impacts upon them and the organization.

(Note to reckless people: if you're going to be reckless, do so without people posting about it).

I can't paste a copy of the video that shows the people at the party so here's a link to the whole article:

https://www.denverstiffs.com/2020/7...yoffs-oraldno-coronavirus-disney-world-bubble

It could affect his chances at an extension this offseason. Not a very prudent thing to do so close to it being time to do his job. They may look to get a bit more vet leadership at a couple of reserve positions.

I know the stiffs thought Beasley’s fight with Sua Cravens hurt his chances of getting an extension. There’s not much $$ to go around unless they find some cheap options in the front court.

Last edited:

Help Support Us

Become a patron