What happens to Chizik?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Chizik's future

• Stay's at ISU for 1-2 years..

Votes: 26 8.1%
  • Sticks around for 5 years and builds program up

Votes: 260 81.0%
  • Leaves by choice

Votes: 24 7.5%
  • Get's fired

Votes: 11 3.4%

• Total voters

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
leaves by choice. actualy i doubt he waits til the season is over. he will do it this thursday before the kstate game.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
He has to build the program up... unless he doesn't want to be a head coach anymore.

QFT - Chizik has personal incentives to succeded here. For better or worse, his career advancement is tied to ISU

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
yes guys. sorry, i WAS being sarcastic. gald y'all caught on quickly though so i didnt get a bunch of "this is why we need negative rep" comments...those things are just todays version of negative rep. anyway, i voted for sitck around 5 years... you know since he has said it, and jamie has said it. and president geoffroy has even said it, that they understand the building process and gene is their guy, i voted that he stays. call me crazy, just a hunch i have.

Last edited:

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
yes guys. sorry, i WAS being sarcastic. gald y'all caught on quickly though so i didnt get a bunch of "this is why we need negative rep" comments...those things are just todays version of negative rep. anyway, i voted for sitck around 5 years... you know since he has said it, and jamie has said it. and president geoffroy has even said it, that they understand the building process and gene is their guy, i voted that he stays. call me crazy, just a hunch i have.
Actually, I didn't even vote. I didn't think it was worthy of dignifying with a response.

H

HGPuck

This poll really is pretty amazing to me. I picked the same answer as the majority, but to have 80% pick the same thing on an opinion (not trivia/fact) question that has four fairly legitimate answer choices is pretty amazing. The fan base still has a lot of faith in Chizik which is a good thing. And to be honest like others have said I was impressed with the crowd yesterday. If we can ever catch a break and get things going, it could be a lot of fun with the with this fanbase and Chizik in charge.

Edit: Now that I reread the poll and if it is taken as fired or leaves after this season then I can see why the percentage is so high. I took it that those choses were for over the next couple years.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I didn't say vote, I said posted.:sad:

Actually, I didn't even vote. I didn't think it was worthy of dignifying with the poll with a response.

There. Does that make you happy? :biggrin:

I don't think I've even responded to the original question. Without even the second season completed, I just don't think it's appropriate to guess about what might happen in the future--and it isn't even considerate of Coach Chizik to do so.