My plan to save #CFB

kcbob79clone

I posted this on #Twitter

(1/3) My plan to save #CFB. My buddy Steven R. Covey says better to be proactive than reactive so here goes @NCAAFootball @Big12Conference
@SEC @B1Gfootball @pac12 @theACC
- cancel all nonconf games (B1G has already done this) allowing to slip schedule 3-4 weeks

(2/3) - each #Power5 school plays 9 #Power5 games (sorry #GroupOf5 teams)
- no bye weeks allowing season to start as late as possible
- #CFPlayoff expanded to 8 teams with 5 conference champions automatic bids, 3 at large bids. Teams play max 11 games

(3/3) - all bowl games will be held of course
- start with 50% attendance for first conference game and see what happens

So, thoughts

gocy444

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2008
Ames, IA
As long as student athletes keep testing positive, I have a hard time believing games will be played.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
I don’t think waiting as long as possible will help. They should start the season early actually, which would make more room for re-scheduling games if teams need to quarantine mid-season.

Whole thing is a moot point, there won’t be a season as long as we view the virus like we currently are.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I don’t think waiting as long as possible will help. They should start the season early actually, which would make more room for re-scheduling games if teams need to quarantine mid-season.

Whole thing is a moot point, there won’t be a season as long as we view the virus like we currently are.
Yeah I don’t get why so many people think delaying the start a few weeks is some big advantage. If anything, start early before students are on campus.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Isn’t the total death count of people 25 and below still at like 125 in the United States? Also before someone says it, they can still give grandma the virus in a store, restaurant, public building, etc. if there’s no football.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
Isn’t the total death count of people 25 and below still at like 125 in the United States? Also before someone says it, they can still give grandma the virus in a store, restaurant, public building, etc. if there’s no football.

The way we are handing this is completely asinine on all accounts, but especially in college athletics.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Who would send their team to Florida, Texas or Arizona right now? This ain’t happening.
Is the team going to go down and play a football game and come back, or are they gonna go to the malls, restaurants, and bars after the game?

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
Who would send their team to Florida, Texas or Arizona right now? This ain’t happening.
Right now probably not but ISU doesn't go to Texas until November and things could be much better by then or it goes to complete crap and the season ends.

Macloney

Feb 28, 2014
Up Nort
tenor.gif

• Dumb
Reactions: 3rdCoastClone

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
At this point I pretty much expect the slow slip into no sports for a while. This entire thing is so off the rails.

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas

(1/3) My plan to save #CFB. My buddy Steven R. Covey says better to be proactive than reactive so here goes @NCAAFootball @Big12Conference
- cancel all nonconf games (B1G has already done this) allowing to slip schedule 3-4 weeks

- #CFPlayoff expanded to 8 teams with 5 conference champions automatic bids, 3 at large bids. Teams play max 11 games

So, thoughts

Why would you want to start fball later? Earlier the better imo.. it would be far better to be done in November than January.

1% of population has had Covid...Wait 2-3 months when its 10% and completely out of control.

Here’s my idea to save sports and lives:

starting August 1st entire United States of America’s will commence a MANDATORY 30 day lockdown.
You will have from now until July 31st to stock up on food and rations.
Only services open will be healthcare.
Nobody can leave their home for 30 days and will be arrested immediately unless you are driving to the ER.

Do this and the virus burns out and completely in the US...After the 30 day lockdown no traveling to the US unless you have either had Covid or agree to a mandatory 14 day quarantine upon arrival monitored by the Military...This will last Until a vaccine is available.

End of Pandemic here.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Why would you want to start fball later? Earlier the better imo.. it would be far better to be done in November than January.

1% of population has had Covid...Wait 2-3 months when its 10% and completely out of control.

Here’s my idea to save sports and lives:

starting August 1st entire United States of America’s will commence a MANDATORY 30 day lockdown.
You will have from now until July 31st to stock up on food and rations.
Only services open will be healthcare.
Nobody can leave their home for 30 days and will be arrested immediately unless you are driving to the ER.

Do this and the virus burns out and completely in the US...After the 30 day lockdown no traveling to the US unless you have either had Covid or agree to a mandatory 14 day quarantine upon arrival monitored by the Military...This will last Until a vaccine is available.

End of Pandemic here.

1. Way more than 1% have had it. Probably 8-10% minimum with all the asymptomatic cases.
2. There are literally millions of people who have to go to work to maintain even a basic functionality in society.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006

So, thoughts

I think this is the most likely scenario for a mostly full season to happen. Sadly I think it will end up with no or few fans in attendance also, though I’m holding out hope for a reduced capacity attendance like ISU is planning. I love the expanded playoffs idea, it would be awesome.