An Oral History of the 66-10 win over Texas Tech in 2016: Part I

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
This was basically the battle of the asses.
Joel was a badass and Tech's D was full of candy asses.

Reactions: CycloneVet

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
I left at halftime to go on a hunting trip and did not worry one bit that the game was in doubt. I’m not sure how many times I’ve had that feeling, not many especially with a conference opponent.

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I left at halftime to go on a hunting trip and did not worry one bit that the game was in doubt. I’m not sure how many times I’ve had that feeling, not many especially with a conference opponent.

Sadly, my Cyclone fandom was in full display because even though it was 45-3 at half, I STILL didn’t feel like it was completely in the bag. I don’t think I fully relaxed until the 4th quarter started.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Sadly, my Cyclone fandom was in full display because even though it was 45-3 at half, I STILL didn’t feel like it was completely in the bag. I don’t think I fully relaxed until the 4th quarter started.

It helped that Tech didn't want to be there...but I didn't care--any conference a** kicking like that is going to be great to watch.

Looking at their schedule, Tech had lost a couple of close games to Texas and OSU the two prior games and I think were done.

Reactions: throwittoblythe

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
It helped that Tech didn't want to be there...but I didn't care--any conference a** kicking like that is going to be great to watch.

Looking at their schedule, Tech had lost a couple of close games to Texas and OSU the two prior games and I think were done.

Not a chiefs fan but Mahomes was playing hard. He hurt himself when he pretty much tricked Cotton-Moya 80 yards from pay dirt IIRC.