Iowa Football Recruiting

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Firing Doyle cost Iowa big time in the pursuit of Alt but it was the correct decision.

He had to go. No idea if that impacted the Alt recruitment, but wish the kid the best at ND. We have a top-10 OL class in the country coming in, and that's without Myslinksi. If we land MM that'll add our future C to an already unreal group.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Parted ways with, separated from, whatever term you want to use is fine. Iowa did the right thing with Doyle even though it cost them a great OL prospect.

You mentioned that they should not fire Kirk or Brian without an investigation, but don’t seem to have an issue with them bouncing Doyle without one.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
They are still recruiting Alt but it's pretty obvious he is going to verbal to ND.

He was included on my list of 8 and that number may actually be a bit high. I would expect new offers to go out soon for a couple positions (RB and DB).

Bell
Fidone
Helm
Trigg
Myslinski
Alt
I highly doubt they are recruiting Fidone anymore. That would ship sailed months ago.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Recruits that are strongly considering Iowa right now (Most to Least):
Ricky Parks (RB) - 4* by Rivals, .8891 247comp - tons of P5 offers
Joe Alt (OT) - offers from Notre Dame, Minnesota, Northwestern, Missouri,...
Michael Myslinski (OC) - Offers from Texas, Oregon, Florida State, ton of others...
Skyler Bell (WR) - Offers from Wisconsin, Va Tech, Georgia Tech, Northwestern...
Gunnar Helm (TE) - 4* by rivals - offers from Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, LSU, Texas...

Shaping up to be an awesome class. Bell seems like a long shot with 3 studs on board at WR already. He also seems very interested in Wisconsin. Stiff competition for the rest of them. Would be happy to add 3/5 after all of the top tier guys we've already got committed!
Boy this aged well. Missed big time on the first two. Probably going to miss on Myslinksi now that he has a Florida State Offer, I think you get Bell, and you're not getting Helm lmao.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Yanda's one of Iowa's all-time best examples of player development. First ballot HoF for sure.
Definitely a product of your S&C coach Doyle. He was one of the best in the business for sure, as we have been told multiple times here for conformation. Thank god he was white though, otherwise Doyle may not have gave him the training and time that he did

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Yanda's one of Iowa's all-time best examples of player development. First ballot HoF for sure.

You’d think an all time best example would be an overlooked HS player and not a JUCO who was ready to start from day 1.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Rumor is that Ricky Parks just liked Utah better and he decision wasn't based on the controversy.

Hok just flat out got beat.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
You’d think an all time best example would be an overlooked HS player and not a JUCO who was ready to start from day 1.

Yanda was a low-rated, lightly recruited JUCO player and he's now a surefire first ballot HoFer.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Definitely a product of your S&C coach Doyle. He was one of the best in the business for sure, as we have been told multiple times here for conformation. Thank god he was white though, otherwise Doyle may not have gave him the training and time that he did

Right, because Iowa hasn't produced any African-American NFL studs who came in as unheralded recruits. Duh.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
Boy this aged well. Missed big time on the first two. Probably going to miss on Myslinksi now that he has a Florida State Offer, I think you get Bell, and you're not getting Helm lmao.

Myslinski has had an FSU offer for a while. Maryland is a huge threat to get Myslinski.

Bell goes to UW if I had to guess.