Graham Couch: Iowa Basketball is a mid-major roster

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
And Fran was wrong for refusing to shake hands. He was a bad sport.

With how much Prohm lost his composure that game and his players following his lead, it was the right decision by Fran.

You would hate to see a coach overreact in the hand shake line after getting beat. Iowa fans saw it this year after the Iowa/Illinois game and it was a bad look for the Illini staff.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
With how much Prohm lost his composure that game and his players following his lead, it was the right decision by Fran.

You would hate to see a coach overreact in the hand shake line after getting beat. Iowa fans saw it this year after the Iowa/Illinois game and it was a bad look for the Illini staff.
I agree that the Illini assistants were out of line, but why can't Fran take the high road every once in awhile? I'll help you with the answer: He can't

• Agree
Reactions: BCClone

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
I agree that the Illini assistants were out of line, but why can't Fran take the high road every once in awhile? I'll help you with the answer: He can't
Not the biggest Fran fan personally, but I have no problem pulling guys from a handshake line after a chippy ending while opposing coaches continue to shout at your players. What is the upside for staying? Not much IMO. Downside? Maybe KU vs KSU and a couple indefinite suspensions for a beat up roster.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Not the biggest Fran fan personally, but I have no problem pulling guys from a handshake line after a chippy ending while opposing coaches continue to shout at your players. What is the upside for staying? Not much IMO. Downside? Maybe KU vs KSU and a couple indefinite suspensions for a beat up roster.

What players were getting shouted at and by what coaches?

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Props to Fran I guess for knowing his childish demeanor and personality are contagious and his players reflect his poor character and would thus be prone to physical violence if exposed to an ominous sportmanship line

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
Props to Fran I guess for knowing his childish demeanor and personality are contagious and his players reflect his poor character and would thus be prone to physical violence if exposed to an ominous sportmanship line
Or....

He knows that weird stuff can happen. Unless you think David Montgomery throwing a punch in the Baylor game is a reflection of the ISU head football coaches "poor character and childish demeanor".

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Or....

He knows that weird stuff can happen. Unless you think David Montgomery throwing a punch in the Baylor game is a reflection of the ISU head football coaches "poor character and childish demeanor".
That wasn't the same situation, and football is much more violent sport by nature.

• Funny
Reactions: Gitwitit and Gonzo

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
It's not surprising that Bolton was basically asked to leave PSU and PSU is now better as a result and the team Bolton went to is worse. Pretty alarming when ISU is desperate enough to take a PSU castoff.

You're disgusting