Iowa Football Recruiting

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Losing John Alt's kid hurts no matter what you want to say. Fact is most TEs that switch to Tackle usually don't have the elite ranking, however many times develop into the best OTs due to their athletic ability.

Just keep whistling in the dark.

What's funny Gonzo is you're coming to the realization I've been saying from the beginning. If you want to see the Iowa program go to ****. Let them keep their racist staff.

Nah. This is shaping up to be our best recruiting class in well over a decade. Program is taking the steps needed to move ahead and come out of this in a much stronger place with a better culture for everyone.

Last edited:

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I have to think Reggie Spearman will share his story this week. He played as a true freshman, started as a sophomore and Iowa fans on here said he was a lock to play in the NFL before transferring due to racism. I wonder how they will try to discredit him now?

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Our 2021 OL class is definitely better. Not sure what ND's roster looks like, I was talking about young OL talent, guys who will still have 3+ years left once Alt would get there. We're pretty stacked.
Yeah I’m sure the competition at Iowa scared him away to the lowly competition at ND.

pfft.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
In the past 10 years Iowa has had 8 OL drafted to ND's 6. ND has had 4 first rounders to Iowa's 3. They've both had 1 second rounder.

ND has had a nice run in the last five years, with 4 of their 6 OL drafted between 2016-20. Iowa has had 3 of their 8 OL drafted in the last five years.

Iowa has had at least 1 OL drafted in 6 of the last 10 drafts. ND has had at least 1 OL drafted in 3 of the last 10 years, going 7 drafts since 2011 with zero OL taken.

Obviously both are really good OL programs.
Iowa's OL has been trending downward the last few seasons whereas ND's has been getting much better. Hence, my original comment.

Reactions: Pizzapitter

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Iowa's OL has been trending downward the last few seasons whereas ND's has been getting much better. Hence, my original comment.

ND hasn't had an OL taken in the last two drafts, Iowa had a first rounder taken in 2020.

In the last three years, ND has had 2 OL drafted, both first rounders. In the last three years, Iowa has had 2 OL drafted, one first rounder and one second rounder.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Iowa was 99th in total offense last year with an NFL QB. I understand their skill players weren't very good but still that speaks volumes to their OL

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
ND hasn't had an OL taken in the last two drafts, Iowa had a first rounder taken in 2020.

In the last three years, ND has had 2 OL drafted, both first rounders. In the last three years, Iowa has had 2 OL drafted, one first rounder and one second rounder.

ND has 4 of the top 30 OL returning this upcoming year in all of CFB. Iowa had 1. Lol stop it

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa

I'm talking about games played on Saturdays. Iowa has still produced studs, but the overall unit isn't as good as once was. ND's line is incredible and it's predicted to be the best OL in 2020.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I'm talking about games played on Saturdays. Iowa has still produced studs, but the overall unit isn't as good as once was. ND's line is incredible and it's predicted to be the best OL in 2020.

Iowa's averaging a 9-3 regular season record the past five seasons. I guess if you're measuring this by huge rush O or pass O numbers, ok. It's pretty obvious we play a slower paced, ball control offense, doesn't really lend itself to huge offensive stats. But I'll take 10 wins and a bowl blowout over a blueblood.

You're the one who posted a link about NFL players as your original point about the quality of ND's OL.

Last edited:

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Iowa's averaging a 9-3 regular season record the past five seasons. I guess if you're measuring this by huge rush O or pass O numbers, ok. It's pretty obvious we play a slower paced, ball control offense, doesn't really lend itself to huge offensive stats. But I'll take 10 wins and a bowl blowout over a blueblood.

You're the one who posted a link about NFL players as your original point about the quality of ND's OL.
This is posted at the top of the article....

ESPN Stats & Information dug deep into the numbers, culled details on all-conference performers, All-Americans, NFL draft picks and stars from the pro ranks, and came up with a formula to determine the official rankings for the schools best at producing quarterbacks, receivers, tight ends, running backs, linemen, linebackers and defensive backs.

It's taking into consideration college careers as well.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
This is posted at the top of the article....

ESPN Stats & Information dug deep into the numbers, culled details on all-conference performers, All-Americans, NFL draft picks and stars from the pro ranks, and came up with a formula to determine the official rankings for the schools best at producing quarterbacks, receivers, tight ends, running backs, linemen, linebackers and defensive backs.

It's taking into consideration college careers as well.

Well, yeah, how they do in college aligns with draft results. If you're an AP All-American OL it's not like you aren't getting drafted. I have no idea if ND players are named to ACC's all conference team, I wouldn't think so.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I find it amusing that Iowa has a good OL class—which they needed—with some nice players, but of course they screwed up and let the one with the highest ceiling (and a legacy recruit) get away.

Joe Alt now multiple Crystal Balls to Notre Dame. I remember his dad. Whoever else Iowa ends up signing, this kid would have been a lock at LT.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
I find it amusing that Iowa has a good OL class—which they needed—with some nice players, but of course they screwed up and let the one with the highest ceiling (and a legacy recruit) get away.

Joe Alt now multiple Crystal Balls to Notre Dame. I remember his dad. Whoever else Iowa ends up signing, this kid would have been a lock at LT.

Stings to miss on Alt but you dismissing Davidkov, Colby and Stephens as having lower ceilings than Alt is ludicrous.

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020

Stephens, Colby, Davidkov, and Dunker are all studs. Add mylinski and losing Alt doesn’t really hurt as bad as you think.