Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Sounds like a WWII reenactment outside. Both in the near hood and the far hood in Mpls. I've got no fireworks. Could shoot a shotgun in the air i guess. 50 year old shells should be noisy. Would take the shot out first. Or is that a New Years Eve thing?

I'd swear one the bangbangbangbangs close by sounded more like 9mm than firecrackers.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Toddler reactions to small fireworks:

"Back side?" (Wanted to go back in house)
"All done boom?" Watching from window
"All done watch" wanted shade closed

So not a smashing success but we didn't cry. It was also late and he was probably tired.

Reactions: oldman and wxman1

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Toddler reactions to small fireworks:

"Back side?" (Wanted to go back in house)
"All done boom?" Watching from window
"All done watch" wanted shade closed

So not a smashing success but we didn't cry. It was also late and he was probably tired.

This child is going to be two in a few weeks, yes? Yeesh. #TimeFlies

Work called at 2am, ugh, especially since it was an ID10T error.

PICNIC! (Problem in chair, not in computer)

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Due to the all time great nap I totook yesterday, I couldnt fall asleep until 4:30 this morning. That, ladies and gents, is why I dont take naps.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I like warm but 90+ every day is getting old. Not even August yet, when it usually gets the worst.

Last week the girls played 6 road games in 5 nights. This week we play 6 games in 5 nights. Thankfully it has cooled off most nights, but by the end of the week they were toast and it showed (by losing to a 1 win team).

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Due to the all time great nap I totook yesterday, I couldnt fall asleep until 4:30 this morning. That, ladies and gents, is why I dont take naps.

Same for how I avoid sleeping in too long when I can.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Last week the girls played 6 road games in 5 nights. This week we play 6 games in 5 nights. Thankfully it has cooled off most nights, but by the end of the week they were toast and it showed (by losing to a 1 win team).
We want to play more, AD doesn’t want to do any work so he refuses to schedule anything after tomorrow, so they have 2 weeks between games and playoffs.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I like warm but 90+ every day is getting old. Not even August yet, when it usually gets the worst.

For some reason I usually find the heat in August to at least be drier and the nights cooler which I like.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
For some reason I usually find the heat in August to at least be drier and the nights cooler which I like.

I will take that over this high heat, high humidity stuff we have now. You can just sit outside and sweat. Darn city has done a crappy job spraying for mosquitoes also.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
We want to play more, AD doesn’t want to do any work so he refuses to schedule anything after tomorrow, so they have 2 weeks between games and playoffs.

We are trying to get as many games in as we can which is great, but we end the season with some tough teams. Moving conferences next year puts us in the hardest softball conference, gonna be brutal next year. We have 7 games before regionals.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
We are trying to get as many games in as we can which is great, but we end the season with some tough teams. Moving conferences next year puts us in the hardest softball conference, gonna be brutal next year. We have 7 games before regionals.

Our issue is Basketball and vollleyball both have started summer practices. VB put theirs on top of softball (when confronted, said that they didn’t have to go). A small school with dumb things happening.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Should probably at least go short neighborhood walkabout. Hot as heck but don't feel I've earned a beer yet. Did file taxes (finally) and scanned some pics from the worst vacation ever so haven't been a complete slug.

Will be interested come nightfall if anyone save any fireworks. Guessing yes cause it's an every night thingie in 2020.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Should probably at least go short neighborhood walkabout. Hot as heck but don't feel I've earned a beer yet. Did file taxes (finally) and scanned some pics from the worst vacation ever so haven't been a complete slug.

Will be interested come nightfall if anyone save any fireworks. Guessing yes cause it's an every night thingie in 2020.
We had a couple loud mid-morning. Was thinking what the heck?

Status
Not open for further replies.