Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
That was for his program not the 2 players.

I'm told Kirk has a proven track record of high character and class. He's not a perfect coach, but questioning his character based on his actions in the Satterfield/Everson case is appalling. Did you not see his Rafael Palmero-esque statement back then? His actions were appropriate, productive for the victim and with only good intentions. Kirk himself said so. Case closed.

But I mean, if there were any negative implications to his actions in this case, he takes full responsibility as the leader of the program. He didn't do anything wrong, intend to do anything wrong, know about anything that was done wrong, or believe any consequences for him personally or the program are appropriate. But he takes full responsibility.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I posted a link for @jmb from a fan base discussing Wadley's accusations that isn't at all connected to this a couple days ago and he never responded to it.
Yes. You posted it. You actually said if I recall "I probably can't but this teams is..." or something akin. Didn't realize you wanted me to respond. What was it you were looking for me to say?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I'm told Kirk has a proven track record of high character and class. He's not a perfect coach, but questioning his character based on his actions in the Satterfield/Everson case is appalling. Did you not see his Rafael Palmero-esque statement back then? His actions were appropriate, productive for the victim and with only good intentions. Kirk himself said so. Case closed.

But I mean, if there were any negative implications to his actions in this case, he takes full responsibility as the leader of the program. He didn't do anything wrong, intend to do anything wrong, know about anything that was done wrong, or believe any consequences for him personally or the program are appropriate. But he takes full responsibility.
I.. I honestly can't tell if you're being satire here or not..

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I think a big factor is how much weight they're going to give Barta in making the decisions. This investigation is going straight to the President of the University I believe.

Yes, Barta is going to be cut out of this. Barta canning Doyle and giving him the severance has nothing to do with it being the best way to "move forward." It's not like Barta's writing the check personally, and framing this as 99.9% a Doyle problem and sending him packing is the best, and maybe only way he can save his own job. If the program gets blown up, Barta's gone. If they would've held their ground to fire Doyle with cause, he'd have been taking people down with him. It was the only choice Barta could make if he was going to survive, and it was done purely in self-interest. And Kirk knew the same.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I.. I honestly can't tell if you're being satire here or not..

I am joking. It takes a true moron (i.e. state of Iowa sports media member) to believe KF gave a **** about anything other than trying to preserve his program during that case. Anybody that has read the affidavit from that case can see that KF's actions were those of someone looking to cover up a sexual assault. But the argument that he and Barta just might be two bumbling ******* morons that happened to make lots of mistakes along the way provided just enough plausible deniability to escape being taken down by the case.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

200.gif

Reactions: JP4CY

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
Yes. You posted it. You actually said if I recall "I probably can't but this teams is..." or something akin. Didn't realize you wanted me to respond. What was it you were looking for me to say?

You asked if I could take my fandom out of the picture when discussion this and I said probably not.

Its interesting to read thoughts from the fans of a program that aren't connected to this at all like Iowa or ISU fans are.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I am joking. It takes a true moron (i.e. state of Iowa sports media member) to believe KF gave a **** about anything other than trying to preserve his program during that case. Anybody that has read the affidavit from that case can see that KF's actions were those of someone looking to cover up a sexual assault. But the argument that he and Barta just might be two bumbling ******* morons that happened to make lots of mistakes along the way provided just enough plausible deniability to escape being taken down by the case.
Haha thank goodness. I was extremely confused for a second.

Reactions: aauummm

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
While disappointing, I understand why the local media is a afraid to report on the hand that feeds them. What I'm surprised by is the lack of commentary from the U of I faculty. I'm sure there has to be growing contingent of academics that are tired of Capt. Kirk and his 'Iowa way'.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
If Robert T is reviewing these statements before they are being published he isn't doing very well.

Compare the actual press conference transcript with Wadley's statement.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
If Robert T is reviewing these statements before they are being published he isn't doing very well.

Compare the actual press conference transcript with Wadley's statement.

Imagine trying to discredit the victims instead of showing some sympathy. Disgusting. These were student athletes you rooted go for when they were helping you win games and now you're throwing them under the bus because they are trying to help the program

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Imagine trying to discredit the victims instead of showing some sympathy. Disgusting. These were student athletes you rooted go for when they were helping you win games and now you're throwing them under the bus because they are trying to help the program

Triangle is the only one around here trying to justify this as a witch hunt. Even gitwit has turned the corner.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
You asked if I could take my fandom out of the picture when discussion this and I said probably not.

Its interesting to read thoughts from the fans of a program that aren't connected to this at all like Iowa or ISU fans are.

I've said multiple times as a State fan it would be better for these racist pricks to run the program into the ground. As a human being I hope the players get justice.

Reactions: aauummm
Status
Not open for further replies.