Iowa Football Recruiting

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

mitchforcy

Dec 1, 2009
I mean they lost two starters on defense to Purdue and Baylor because of this
I mean it’s not like Doyle’s kid left because he was being affected by his dad being racist towards him. Were either of those guys even starters?

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
I guarantee Ferentz knew more about the situation under his roof than JoePa knew about his too
Even if he didn't know, "I didn't know" doesn't work in leadership positions like this. It is his job to know.

This country has negligance laws set up for this very purpose. If your child goes hungry, you go to jail. "I didn't know" doesn't cut it.

Yes, child starvation is a bit more severe than verbal bullying, but it's the same principle.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I mean it’s not like Doyle’s kid left because he was being affected by his dad being racist towards him. Were either of those guys even starters?

Doyle and DJ Johnson were starters last year yeah. Johnson lost his job to Riley Moss (white kid) who was pretty terrible.

Texas actually wanted Doyle when he went into the portal and Johnson had a lot of P5 attention

Brodie0

Apr 1, 2020

Doyle and Johnson both started 3 or 4 games last year, and neither was likely to start this year.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Raimond Braithwaite is racist? Are Woods, Bell, Copeland and Foster racist? You are calling Kirk Ferentz a racist, aren't these guys just as guilty?

I would say Kirk and Brian are proven racists along with Doyle and the entire S&C staff

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Isn’t the guy they hired in the interim black?

Yes which is even crazier that you would want him who let it all happen to be in charge. I hope he is the new guy but I'm assuming they'll clean house after the "investigation" and hire someone with fresh blood

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yes which is even crazier that you would want him who let it all happen to be in charge. I hope he is the new guy but I'm assuming they'll clean house after the "investigation" and hire someone with fresh blood
How bad would that look all things considered?

mitchforcy

Dec 1, 2009

Hard agree with the bolded but I don’t know how he could be a racist.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I mean I think they put themselves in a situation where they have to hire an outside person who is African American. You just can't keep the current staff after what they let happen
You would think so, however we're not exactly talking about a school that makes sound ethical decisions.

mitchforcy

Dec 1, 2009
You would think so, however we're not exactly talking about a school that makes sound ethical decisions.
Would probably be a bad look for them if the next guy in line was black and they fired him instead of giving him a chance.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Would probably be a bad look for them if the next guy in line was black and they fired him instead of giving him a chance.
Yeah that's what I was saying earlier.. Hopefully this guy is good because Kirk might not have a choice but to roll with him for the next few years.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
Raimond Braithwaite is racist? Are Woods, Bell, Copeland and Foster racist? You are calling Kirk Ferentz a racist, aren't these guys just as guilty?
Whenever people ask me who I would rather root for between Hok and Neb, I always go Neb for one reason. Their fans (although insane) are much more critical of their coaches and players.

How fans will always spin things into a moral victory. Anytime they get their butt beat, "We will grow from this." Anytime they miss on a recruit, "We didn't want him anyway." Even when there is racism in their program, they try to spin it to make Kirk look like a leader in the movement when he is responsible for it.

Y'all have fun being on your knees and don't forget to wipe your lips when your done.