Jay Jordan: Big XII Preseason Tiers

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Another great article by Jay Jordan, haven’t seen it linked yet.

I really enjoyed it. My only quibble was the assertion that Keaontay Ingram is the vast pass catching back in the conference. That’s just...humorous, and probably based on where he resides.

The numbers just don’t hold up. Even with a partial season, Breece was a better pass catcher.

https://cyclonefanatic.com/2020/06/jay-jordan-big-12-preseason-tiers-for-2020/

Reactions: Snydes

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Another great article by Jay Jordan, haven’t seen it linked yet.

I really enjoyed it. My only quibble was the assertion that Keaontay Ingram is the vast pass catching back in the conference. That’s just...humorous, and probably based on where he resides.

The numbers just don’t hold up. Even with a partial season, Breece was a better pass catcher.

https://cyclonefanatic.com/2020/06/jay-jordan-big-12-preseason-tiers-for-2020/
Yeah I appreciate Jay's insight a lot, but felt he was slighting our guy Breece unintentionally there. Pretty much agree with his assessment of the Big 12 with the exception that no way is Texas finishing in first or second

Reactions: Aclone

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Yeah I appreciate Jay's insight a lot, but felt he was slighting our guy Breece unintentionally there. Pretty much agree with his assessment of the Big 12 with the exception that no way is Texas finishing in first or second
Jay must not have been back to see this.

I think there’s a possibility Texas finishes that well. A. If the defense isn’t injury riddled, and plays like it did in 2018, and B. If the offense finally has so many weapons that even Ehlinger can’t mess it up.

Their offensive line should be upgraded, and adding that five star freshman RB to what they’ve already got should make the offense more explosive.

Ehlinger is a solid QB, but he’s not up to some of the guys OU has put out lately. I’d love to see Brock with that kind of talent around him.

Come to think of it, that talent gap is narrowing!

Reactions: Cyinthenorth

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Jay must not have been back to see this.

I think there’s a possibility Texas finishes that well. A. If the defense isn’t injury riddled, and plays like it did in 2018, and B. If the offense finally has so many weapons that even Ehlinger can’t mess it up.

Their offensive line should be upgraded, and adding that five star freshman RB to what they’ve already got should make the offense more explosive.

Ehlinger is a solid QB, but he’s not up to some of the guys OU has put out lately. I’d love to see Brock with that kind of talent around him.

Come to think of it, that talent gap is narrowing!
I suppose the conference is somewhat ripe for the picking with OU replacing quite a bit on offense. Thing is, since when does OU ever really struggle to replace offense? Very plug in play. I think they'll be tough to bump off the top. I guess my lack of faith in Texas kind of has more to do with coaching than it does talent. For as much praise as Herman gets for being brilliant, I feel that his results have been less than stellar as a head coach so far. His initial season at Houston was his best result, very mediocre aside from that. I'll always think he's overrated until he wins a Big 12 championship and restores Texas to their 00s level of prestige

Help Support Us

Become a patron