Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Looking for some encouraging words - who’s got some?
Edit: words, sayings, phrases, sentences.

Last edited:

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Looking for some encouraging words - who’s got some?
The rain has revived the droopy coneflowers from the last batch we picked up!

We didn't get them in the ground fast enough and they were kind of baked by the time we got to them. :( The first ones we picked up from you are thriving and are nearly indistinguishable in terms of size and vigor from the sets we got from our neighbor & planted last fall. The originals are obviously more established - you can distinguish the different groups by height. Hoping to see that some of the alt colors survived. I have lots of purple now, but have not really had much success with the red, white or orange ones. My newest red has a bloom forming, though, and that makes me happy!

Reactions: NWICY and Ms3r4ISU

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I get these Yandy.ocm ads. It is apparent that there are some very kinky people out there when I see some of the stuff. I clicked on it out of curiosity and one section was commonly purchased items. Those costumes were bizarre. Apparently some guys get turned on by women dressing up like Mr. Rogers.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
It's never as bad as you think it is.

Tomorrow is a new day and you get to have a fresh start.

My dad had a little ceramic thingie on the wall that said something like "Cheer up, things could be worse. So I cheered up and sure enough things got worse." Maybe a little dark humor from him because he struggled with manic depression.

Was right next to the "complaint department" fake hand grenade and the small mahogany hand flipping the finger so he had his bases covered. :rolleyes:

Reactions: BCClone

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
“If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing you gotta do is stop diggin’”
Also, my favorite movie quote of all time from Open Range

“There are some things that gnaw at a man worse than dying”

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
When you have your cell phone laying around, do you have it face up or face down? I make a lot of smarta$$ comments so it’s always facedown.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
@BoxsterCy, little 1hr 20 min fat bike ride tonite miles 12+ (I'm pretty sure) combination of paving, gravel and grass/timber trails,

2020 sucks for BoxsterCy and biking. Got a pathetic 81 miles in this month and did 303 for June last year. Combo platter of social distancing and avoiding bike paths, weather and intestinal stuff flared up as bad as it's been in 30 years to keep me pretty much grounded.

Did I mention 2020 can EABOD?

No seriously, **** YOU 2020!

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
When you have your cell phone laying around, do you have it face up or face down? I make a lot of smarta$$ comments so it’s always facedown.

Hmm, I'm looking at my two cell phones and one is face down and the other is face up. Depends on what I'm doing I guess. If I'm engaged in something it's face down or if I'm waiting on something / in an active conversation it's face up.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Hey Mn/horticulture peeps what are the plants that are blooming right now that look sort of like bleeding hearts, except they are pure white and and grow upward and don't droop over like a bleeding heart,stems are pretty stout, lots of them blooming out at the state park near Albert Lea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron