Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Morehouse said there was a meeting yesterday attended by all football players. I am unsure what was said in the meeting but the players left so enthused he said "they would've walked to Dubuque to play Wisconsin in a parking lot and beat them by 40." I guess the players are all behind KF.

Yeah heard that as well and about spit out my coffee in the car.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Does anyone else find the silence of players willing to publicly stick up for Doyle, Brian, and Kirk deafening?
No one will stand up for Doyle or Brian. Some/most would stand up for Kirk, but I haven't seen any current player say anything. I'm honestly assuming there have been conversations within the program to not publicly make a statement regarding anyone a part of the coaching staff.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
This seems not funny in light of what is happening both in the country and at the University of Iowa.

Lighten up Francis. I think KF has a lot to answer for. CD and BF should be gone if what they're being accused of happened, as should KF since it would've happened under his nose.

Saying I'd support KF if he stomped a puppy to death is just stupid, and deserved a stupid response.

Reactions: WooBadger18

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Lighten up Francis. I think KF has a lot to answer for. CD and BF should be gone if what they're being accused of happened, as should KF since it would've happened under his nose.

Saying I'd support KF if he stomped a puppy to death is just stupid, and deserved a stupid response.
I know you were just kidding, but let me ask you this. Who is going to ask Kirk the questions? I haven't heard of any press conferences scheduled in the future for any of these coaches or Barta to respond/answer to these allegations.

I do support your opinion that all these coaches should go though, just don't think any Iowa media nor the majority of Iowa fans care.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
I know you were just kidding, but let me ask you this. Who is going to ask Kirk the questions? I haven't heard of any press conferences scheduled in the future for any of these coaches or Barta to respond/answer to these allegations.

I do support your opinion that all these coaches should go though, just don't think any Iowa media nor the majority of Iowa fans care.

Isnt it pretty clear by now that they are going to wait to have a PC until the investigation is completed?

Do you want them to trot out there with every new tweet or video that is posted on social media just to say they are investigating the claims and cannot comment on them at this time?

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

If we had an AD worth anything, it would be him/her. Absent that, the university president. Absent that, the BoR.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Isnt it pretty clear by now that they are going to wait to have a PC until the investigation is completed?

Do you want them to trot out there with every new tweet or video that is posted on social media just to say they are investigating the claims and cannot comment on them at this time?
TP, your AD hasn't made a single comment in the last WEEK.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
If we had an AD worth anything, it would be him/her. Absent that, the university president. Absent that, the BoR.
Yeah either one of those entities should have already made some sort of statement in regards to all of this. Can't hide and expect these problems to simply go away, but that looks like that's the plan so far.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Yeah either one of those entities should have already made some sort of statement in regards to all of this. Can't hide and expect these problems to simply go away, but that looks like that's the plan so far.

Iowa football is anything but forthcoming. Just because they're not scheduling daily press conferences doesn't mean they're not doing anything. Hopefully the committee that Daniels is leading is focused on getting a clear, unfiltered picture of everything that's happened and then appropriate steps from there.

TrianglePlace

May 13, 2020
TP, your AD hasn't made a single comment in the last WEEK.

At first you said you havent heard any pressers scheduled in the future for any coaches or Barta. Ferentz just had one on Sunday. I wanted to know what your expectation was for how often he should get on Zoom and say there is an investigation ongoing and he cannot comment until it has concluded.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Iowa football is anything but forthcoming. Just because they're not scheduling daily press conferences doesn't mean they're not doing anything. Hopefully the committee that Daniels is leading is focused on getting a clear, unfiltered picture of everything that's happened and then appropriate steps from there.
Gonzo, they haven't made one statement regarding the allegations. The last thing Kirk put out publicly was that he hadn't heard of anything like that happening within his program and then s*** started hitting the fan.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
At first you said you havent heard any pressers scheduled in the future for any coaches or Barta. Ferentz just had one on Sunday. I wanted to know what your expectation was for how often he should get on Zoom and say there is an investigation ongoing and he cannot comment until it has concluded.
Your coach went onto Zoom and said he had never heard of any race problems within his program right?

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

"We are doing a bunch of stuff, huge stuff, monumental stuff, that will change the entire culture of Iowa Football. We just can't tell you about it. It's secret stuff."

Status
Not open for further replies.