MLB: MLB to Start Back Up on July 1?

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
That would make for a very cold postseason.
Would guess at minimum the World Series would be played in a neutral site Dome or Warm Weather Location. Heck, maybe the entire playoffs would be that way.

That said, don't think the Owners will agree to that anyways.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Passan now saying Owners may propose a 50 something like game schedule

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
I think they'll eventually find a way to come together on an 11th hour deal and we get an 80ish game season. July 1st is an extremely aggressive start date though. I don't see how you can best case start Spring Training the 2nd week of June and be playing real games 3 weeks later?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I am growing even more annoyed than I thought I ever would be. Of course all this bullsh*t would happen the year the Twins have one of their best rosters since Kirby.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Rumors that a team drafting in the Top 10 will punt their pick tonight to save money. Probably the Angels or, wait for it, the Marlins. Both sound like they're in rough financial shape. There are also rumors floating that the Orioles will go signability at #2 so they can spent more pool money on their later picks. Would give the Royals another option at #4.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/...intentionally-use-it-on-an-unsignable-player/

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006

Honestly just no way this season happens. It's too bad too, because there could have been baseball games happening 12 hours a day during a time when people are home more than ever. I could see the lost revenue from this season really dragging out the CBA talks this offseason too. Is it possible no baseball 2 years in a row?

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
Honestly just no way this season happens. It's too bad too, because there could have been baseball games happening 12 hours a day during a time when people are home more than ever. I could see the lost revenue from this season really dragging out the CBA talks this offseason too. Is it possible no baseball 2 years in a row?

Yes. Technically, I believe the players have already agreed to let Manfred institute some sort of drastically shortened (~48 games I believe) season. But I think if we get to that point, then the strike starts.

And there is way more to be worked out now compared to '94 (minor leagues, revenue sharing, salary cap, international draft, etc.) that will most likely take away 2021 also. Very depressing.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Yes. Technically, I believe the players have already agreed to let Manfred institute some sort of drastically shortened (~48 games I believe) season. But I think if we get to that point, then the strike starts.

And there is way more to be worked out now compared to '94 (minor leagues, revenue sharing, salary cap, international draft, etc.) that will most likely take away 2021 also. Very depressing.

I seriously can't imagine that. I mean the guys who have made 100 million I'm sure are fine. The guys who are getting close to the end or looking for one more big paycheck probably have no chance of getting it.