Status
Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
KF will fight this all the way. If he goes down, baby Ferentz goes with him.

Dolph has to be outraged. If he says the term King Kong in a way that wasn’t meant as offensive and gets a decent suspension, now Doyle is still hanging around with this.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Oh please Chad. You've been so far up Kirk's rectum that you couldn't have seen anything. KF has been running the University for years and bending every rule he could while playing favorites with the white players. Now you become righteous? Nice try. Now go back to writing fluff pieces.

I find all these comments like the person calling out Leistikow funny when they talk about UI and Iowa City being really liberal. This has been used repeatedly by hawk fans disputing the years of referring to ISUs basketball players as thugs had racial overtones. Their campus is full of Illinois kids that may or may not be Iowa fans. Meanwhile, every craphole dying Iowa town is full of diehard hawk fans. The political leanings of Johnson county has no bearing on the potential for racism by UI fans or coaches.

I hate the discrediting of certain players because they transferred out. A star player having a positive opinion about a coach doesn't mean much. Treating your good players well is basic self preservation. If star players have complaints, then it must be bad.

Just a sad thing. I'm sure this crap has happened for a long time at a lot of places.

Reactions: CapnCy and cayin

diaclone

Apr 16, 2006
Metro Omaha
Josh Freeman at Kansas State too.

It was always strange to me that Brad Banks barely got any time in 2001 and suddenly in 2002 he's a Heisman contender. Almost impossible to imagine a guy getting that much better in a single year.
Forgot about Freeman. He was a good one coming out of HS. Good catch.

Reactions: Trice

diaclone

Apr 16, 2006
Metro Omaha
I hate it when vandals go around vandalizing.
Glen Worley spoke volumes on with that tweet.

The two white guy tweets were heartbroken about some spray painting, but haven't said anything about decades of years of killing black folks by police. Not surprised. They also cloak their tonedeafness in patriotism.

Stop the continual, constant police brutality, then some stupid statue won't get spray painted. It's that simple.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
KF will fight this all the way. If he goes down, baby Ferentz goes with him.

Dolph has to be outraged. If he says the term King Kong in a way that wasn’t meant as offensive and gets a decent suspension, now Doyle is still hanging around with this.
Yeah, Dolph situation is another thing that will be added to the pile the media and others will cite regarding Barta and what he needs to do or not do.

I'd imagine the non-sports fans/faculty/staff in the Iowa City area are fuming as there have been a LOT of things over the last 10 years in that department that have frustrated them.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
My guess is that most tavernhoks believe all Capt. Kirk has to do is fire Doyle (thinking he was going to retire soon anyway), get through all the committee talk, get Jr. into anger management, and this will all blow over. No way do they want to be forced to replace Kirk with an unknown.

I looked him up, Doyle is only 51 so not really retirement age yet. He is the highest paid S&C coach in U.S. and has been there 21 years so he might be able to afford to retire though.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA

The two white guy tweets were heartbroken about some spray painting, but haven't said anything about decades of years of killing black folks by police. Not surprised. They also cloak their tonedeafness in patriotism.

Stop the continual, constant police brutality, then some stupid statue won't get spray painted. It's that simple.

This is also at U of Iowa. It is a lot more than a statue.

upload_2020-6-6_23-7-47.png

Reactions: isufbcurt

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
This whole scenerio seems alot like the Penn State scandal. JoePa and Kirk similar in style. It's one bad apple. More will continue to come out. Kirk for the love of IA, maybe should step away, for the better of the program. It's too bad because I do think at least the guy I see is a good man. Maybe there is a different side we don't know about?

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
So has Abe Satterfield come to Kirk's defense yet? Ferentz had his back when he needed it most.

Last edited:
Reactions: Frak

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.

Didn't know there was a police brutality problem against African Americans in Iowa City. And to think it was all Nile Kinnick's fault.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Over the last 10 years, about three-fourths of Iowa’s team captains have been white while only about half the starters were. About half of the Hawkeyes’ NFL draftees in that time have been African Americans. Were more of them worthy of captainship, I wondered, but never asked. It would have been uncomfortable.

For the last eight years, Iowa has put the name of a former Hawkeye on its ANF Wall of Honor in Kinnick Stadium. Each honoree has been white.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Over the last 10 years, about three-fourths of Iowa’s team captains have been white while only about half the starters were. About half of the Hawkeyes’ NFL draftees in that time have been African Americans. Were more of them worthy of captainship, I wondered, but never asked. It would have been uncomfortable.

For the last eight years, Iowa has put the name of a former Hawkeye on its ANF Wall of Honor in Kinnick Stadium. Each honoree has been white.

Reggie Roby, Larry Station, Andre Tippett.
Guess they couldn't find any legitimate candidates.

Status
Not open for further replies.