Athlon 2020 All Conference Team

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
What I want to know is since when did Sam Ehlinger become a better QB than Purdy. Sure he's a good QB, but stats mean nothing? Head to head means nothing? If they did, Purdy would be the no-doubt No. 1.
He became a better quarterback when there are lots more UT fans out there buying Athlon mags then there are Cyclone fans.

I suppose that they’re also considering the fact that Ehlinger has more talent surrounding him, As much as I like our guys, they have three OL starters returning (including a projected first rounder), more running back and WR production returning than we do—and three or four former five star talents either enrolling, transferring or coming off of injury.

We’ll just have to kick Longhorn *** anyway.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Where did you get August 1st at, please?

They can come in for workouts in June, but the NCAA's preseason practice rule is still 29 days before the first game. So the first official day of actual practice this year can't be until Aug. 7.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
They can come in for workouts in June, but the NCAA's preseason practice rule is still 29 days before the first game. So the first official day of actual practice this year can't be until Aug. 7.
Thank you. I forgot about the whole “season starting later than usual” thing.

I’m hoping they have enough practice at it to have all the kinks with COVID-19 protocols worked out by then.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008

I’m hoping they have enough practice at it to have all the kinks with COVID-19 protocols worked out by then.

That's when it always is. They don't have practices until August. Summer S&C is nice but it's not practice. Coach Rasheed can't be there

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006

This year just happens to be the latest that Week 1 can be, since the start of the season is tied to Labor Day, and Labor Day is the latest it can be (9/7).

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Now considering his first day of practice will be in August at the very earliest, he's going to be way behind. I'm going to agree with you and change my prediction
I don’t want everyone to freak out, but I don’t know that Bankston is an every down DT right now.

I think he will be good, but his run stopping worries me a tick.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I don't get it?
I don’t want everyone to freak out, but I don’t know that Bankston is an every down DT right now.

Agree. He's going to take a while to get into true form IMO. Unless he picks everything up immediately and is in great shape already, and is just an amazing talent.... I don't see how he starts in game one.

If I had to guess, I'd go with Isaiah Lee starting the first game at NG.... unless we move Tucker Robertson or Uwazurike in there and they beat out Lee.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
He became a better quarterback when there are lots more UT fans out there buying Athlon mags then there are Cyclone fans

uh, then why were our defensive line, linebackers, and defensive back units ranked #1 in the Big 12 by Athlon?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

I don’t think he needs to be

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron