Kirk Ferentz getting sued for being racist

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
I have witnessed more racism than most on this board and the term “Iowa Nice” has enraged me for well over a decade. Granted, I’m guessing it’s better than most states, but I’m not in most states.

Iowa is nothing compared to south of the Mason/Dixon line. Not even close.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Not a great source...Wadley is a real piece of garbage. Didn't he end up stealing a bunch of hawkeye fans money?

Yeah. Unfortunately for Iowa there are a dozens of reputable sources saying Iowa's football program is racist

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Barta right now

this-is-fine.0.jpg
As I said before, when Dolye gets rightfully fired the Iowa program as we know it is also gone. Hell, can you imagine Barta having to hire a new football coach?! Especially under these conditions....my goodness he may single handily destroy Iowa Football

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Yeah. Unfortunately for Iowa there are a dozens of reputable sources saying Iowa's football program is racist
Oh trust me, I don't disagree. Merely was saying I personally wouldn't have posted anything from Wadley cause he is trash himself

Reactions: Doc

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Kirk will get a very nice retirement severance for this. Let's be real, it's Barta writing the checks.

Yeah, certainly he could do the "high road" resignation and get a check.

I'm guessing a lot of programs, especially in less diverse areas, could have similar stories come out and that is sad for those that have experienced the wrongs. Hoping like many other areas of society, we DO start taking action and get away from the old excuses.

Someone like Kirk has ran the place for many years...he is the culture....and with success brings justification for how things are done. Heck, the whole section 8 housing of his son looks even worse now (was bad then, too).

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
It's pretty difficult to give anyone on the coaching staff the benefit of the doubt here. I would be shocked at this point if Kirk keeps his job. This is wayyyyyyy more than a couple disgruntled players that transferred speaking out.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
It's pretty difficult to give anyone on the coaching staff the benefit of the doubt here. I would be shocked at this point if Kirk keeps his job. This is wayyyyyyy more than a couple disgruntled players that transferred speaking out.

sub-buzz-2620-1516223086-2.png

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
Iowa is nothing compared to south of the Mason/Dixon line. Not even close.
Who was that racist congressmen that people in the NW portion of the state kept putting in office again and again. And that dude was not shy about his views when it came to white supremecy..

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
This whole thing is disgusting. If RP broke this type of story for ISU, I bet some would be acting the same way.
That's absolutely true. I understand why there is disbelief. Sports fandom is a powerful thing. There are just so many players recounting incidents, though. Sharing their stories about how they felt at the time they experienced it, and now. This is so much more than a few disgruntled backups who didn't get play time. The sheer number of reports should make any Hawk fan really think twice before going on the defensive for the football program.

Reactions: JP4CY

ameslurker

Jan 21, 2013
I know Ames isn't perfect and ISU in general has had issues in the recent past with racial stuff, but good Lord this is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.