Iowa Football Recruiting

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
I wouldn't be surprised if Iowa see's a MASSIVE amount of its class decommit now. Especially those that are African-American. This is a baaaaddddd look for their program

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I wouldn't be surprised if Iowa see's a MASSIVE amount of its class decommit now. Especially those that are African-American. This is a baaaaddddd look for their program
Benji trying to play the outrage game then hits funny.

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
I place the over/under at 3.5.

I would foresee this halting Parks commitment,too.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I'd accept but you still have not gotten that James Daniels rumor link. You could check out the Hawkeye podcast he was on a few months ago and see if he says anything about their beef on it.
I heard his brother told him to downplay the beef because his brother still likes Kirk. James and him didn't see eye to eye though. Maybe it's because James doesn't know how to block without holding? Who knows
Apologies are welcome

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
I place the over/under at 3.5.

I would foresee this halting Parks commitment,too.
I would agree with that line. The real kick to them is the one we won’t see. How many players that were considering them and had them in their top 1-3 now will move them out cause of this? Could be substantial. Heck I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of players say/or at thinking “why would I wanna go to a school where the S&C coach seems racist”
I know hawk fans are in love with Doyle, and yea he does good work, but this may be the beginning of the end of Doyle which in turn could domino effect and be the end of Ferentz. If Doyle goes, the hawks will decline quickly, IMO

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Over the last 10 years, about three-fourths of Iowa’s team captains have been white while only about half the starters were. About half of the Hawkeyes’ NFL draftees in that time have been African Americans. Were more of them worthy of captainship, I wondered, but never asked. It would have been uncomfortable.

For the last eight years, Iowa has put the name of a former Hawkeye on its ANF Wall of Honor in Kinnick Stadium. Each honoree has been white.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
I don't see this affecting any in state kids

Two of Iowa's recruits already came out and said they were standing by their commitment. They were from Iowa and they were white. I'm not saying they should decommit, just providing the facts is all